Review of Surviving the Business of Healthcare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mozi Ken
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Review of Surviving the Business of Healthcare

Post by Mozi Ken »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

There's so much in the healthcare system. This book, Surviving the Business of Healthcare, covers most of the things associated with healthcare. The author, Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C, was qualified to write this book. This is because she's a doctor from generations of doctors. She goes on to tell us how we can get good healthcare services. She wrote about health insurance. She wrote about drugs and so many other things.

Barbara's father was a doctor in the 1960s. She wrote of her time as a young girl with her parents. She spoke about what being a small-town doctor implied for her dad. As a little town with a small population, her father knew everyone there. So there was a time when one of them killed another, a sixteen-year-old boy. This was a hard time for the town and even harder for her family. This was because they had to be neutral. She said that her mother maintained a good relationship with the family of the murderer and the murdered boy. Her father also took care of both families, despite the malice around town for the murderer's family.

This book was quite interesting. There's this widely propagated idea that most doctors would be so busy taking care of others that they wouldn't take care of their health. I think Barbara was an example. She noted the growth on her arm but ignored it because she was so busy with her work. In the end, it turned out to be a serious ailment. I also noticed her passion for her job in the letter she wrote to people in authority. It was clear that she wanted healthcare to be accessible to everyone, whether rich or poor.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. It was non-fiction, but I enjoyed it greatly. I was intrigued by the amount of new information I got from the book. I read some things about drugs. She mentioned how one can get drugs at a very inexpensive price. She talked about the use of hard drugs and how the system propagated them. Some painkillers can be addictive, so they're carefully prescribed and monitored. However, it seemed that those that weren't addictive were sold at a very high price, whereas those that could cause addiction were sold very cheaply. I liked the short content of the chapters. I also liked the life story the author wrote about in the book.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I found no errors. It was exceptionally well-edited. I gave it a perfect rating because of its important educational content. This is a book that will appeal to a lot of audiences. The content was also written in comprehensible words. I recommend this book to doctors, nurses, patients, and caregivers of sick individuals.

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Zillionaire_me
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zillionaire-me.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Zillionaire_me »

Indeed health is wealth.
Books like these is a must read for people like me who in one way or the other participates in care giving. The part about additive drugs and their prices caught my attention.
Nice review!
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

I believe that this book is an essential resource for anyone wanting to make better healthcare decisions for themselves and their loved ones. The reviewer's analysis of the book was so thorough that I am now considering reading it in the future.
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

We truly need to take care of our health in whatever way possible. Reading books like this will open our initiative to what’s happening around us. Great review!
Nicky Rita
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicky-rita.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nicky Rita »

This book is an insightful guide for individuals and organizations navigating the complex world of healthcare. The author provides practical advice and strategies for surviving and thriving in the healthcare industry, covering topics such as patient care, business operations, financial management, and healthcare policy.
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

This book is a very educating book. There was no flaws in this book and was very well edited. I enjoyed the memoir and the lessons of the book. Thanks for the nice review.
Kizito Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kizito-shelby.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Kizito Shelby »

Many people don't know what's going on in the healthcare system. Everyone just thinks it's what it seems but there's more to it we need to learn about.
Friederic Schröder
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-friederic-schr-der.html
Latest Review: Tangled Branches by William Bailey

Post by Friederic Schröder »

I wonder what it feels like to carry a generational obligation, Barbara must have had a firm experience in medicine and I truly agree with the reviewer that she is the perfect candidate to write this novel on healthcare.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

People sometimes are misinformed about healthcare and do not get to understand it well so as to utilize it's benefits. I'd love to read this book to understand the author's Point of view.
Mark Ntuli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-ntuli.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Mark Ntuli »

"The book is well-organized and easy to follow, making it accessible for both healthcare professionals and individuals seeking to understand the system better."
Kelvin Modilim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

The book's focus on healthcare entrepreneurship and innovation provides a fresh perspective, inspiring readers to think outside the box and explore new possibilities within the industry.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”