Review of The Date Farm

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of The Date Farm

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Date Farm" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Terrorism seems to be on the rise in our world right now. These terror attacks could be because of power struggles between politicians, fights between religious groups, or differences between ethnic groups. People who carry out these acts do so for money, and they cause the deaths of innocent people. The Date Farm: Book 4 of Lara and Uri by Jack Winnick is a historical story about how Uri and his wife planned to counter terrorist attacks.

On a Saturday morning in Beverly Hills, a group of ten black-clad men appeared in front of the doors from the parking area, and they invaded the four floors of shops, restaurants, and bars. At precisely 11 p.m., they started their attacks with gas across the floors, and after like thirty seconds, they used automatic weapons to wound and kill anyone in their path.

Uri Levin was part of the Mossad, the secret police of the state, whose duty it was to protect its citizens from dangerous forces. Lara, his wife, has become an "adjunct agent" in Mossad after her marriage to Uri. She was allowed to share only tightly censored versions of the mission. They were on a short vacation in the United States, and Uri received a call about an assault in the Los Angeles mall, though he shouldn't be receiving calls while on their holiday. Their holiday came to an end as they reported to the FBI headquarters.

I liked this book because the plot seemed perfect and real, especially when I thought about the places it took place. I enjoyed Uri and Lara's love, which is worth emulating by other couples. Jack could also show both the agent's and the terrorist's points of view in the book. This made it easy for the readers to connect better with Jack and get the lessons in the book. I also found out that young people are trained to learn from terrorists, which makes it easier for these children to carry out illegal activities because they are exposed to this kind of life at a young age.

I didn't have any reason to dislike this book, and I recommend it to people who are strong at heart due to its violent content. I didn't encounter any errors while reading the book, which shows that The Date Farm: Book 4 of Lara and Uri by Jack Winnick was exceptionally well edited. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because Jack made a successful impact with his storyline.

The Date Farm
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Lightning Child by Quinn Lamothe
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 1%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

Yet another tale on the Lara and Uri series. I commend the authors resilience to keep this series going. I probably would have lost the zeal if I were him.
Emmanuel Cohen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-cohen.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emmanuel Cohen »

Writing in individual point of view makes it easier to understand each character better.
It is amazing how the author is able to combine crime thriller with romance.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

Of a truth Terrorism seems to be on the rise in our world today and many countries have fallen the victim of this challenge. I will love to read this book. Good job.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

You are right about the reason of terrorism being because of power struggles between politicians, fights between religious groups, or differences between ethnic groups. People are too greedy of power that they would go to any heights to achieve this.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: What Makes You Feel Better That Starts With The Letter by Sienna L. Ambrose

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

I believe that if there were police men or security personnels in the mall that this attack should have been resisted and the victims of this disheartening incident in the book will be reduced.
Soma Ezenwanne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop by M. Jackson, Lucky, Mr. Beckham, Peanut

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

I believe that if our leaders make life easier in the country that majority of these terrorists attacks, kidnapping and so on would be cut down and we won't have to mourn people.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

I would like to read this version of the Uri and Lara series to be able to know the love the both of them shared that is worth emulating. Nice review.
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

I love how you mention the theme of terrorism and how the book explores this theme through the story of Lara and Uri. It's always fascinating to see how authors tackle real-world issues in their writing, and it sounds like The Date Farm does this in a compelling way.
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Katherine Barnabas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-barnabas.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Katherine Barnabas »

I won't even lie, I'll be pissed if my vacation is interrupted by a call that requires me to cut it short. But then again, it's the sense of duty of Uri that propelled him to show up when his country needed him.
Emmanuel Cohen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-cohen.html

Post by Emmanuel Cohen »

Writing in individual point of view makes it easier to understand each character better.
It is amazing how the author is able to combine crime thriller with romance.
Merits Anih
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by Merits Anih »

I love how you mention the book's main characters embodying patriotism and selflessness. It's always inspiring to read about characters who put their country and fellow citizens first, and it sounds like Lara and Uri are excellent examples of this.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

Your comment about the book being a unique storyline is so intriguing. It's always refreshing to read a book that offers something different and original, and it sounds like The Date Farm delivers on this front.
Eliah king
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliah-king.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Eliah king »

This book was a true gem! It was a heartwarming and uplifting tale that left me with a sense of hope and inspiration. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys well-crafted storytelling and memorable characters."
Daniel Moore 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-moore-4.html

Post by Daniel Moore 4 »

Your review has definitely convinced me that The Date Farm is worth reading. Your thoughtful analysis of the book's strengths and why it's worth checking out is truly impressive.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”