Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alex Reeves
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Magnets
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-reeves.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
fav_author_id: 77547

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Alex Reeves »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Tom and Kelly are on their honeymoon in Honduras when Kelly stumbles upon a secret terrorist lab while looking for souvenirs to gift her friends. She is accosted by several people but manages to escape back to her husband, Tom, a police officer back in the United States. She makes a quick call to her brother, a US senator, about her encounter, and later on, the lab is proclaimed to be the lair of international terrorists from Korea who hope to inflict harm upon the United States in a strange way. The senator sends two trusted agents, Sharon and Agatha, to watch over the honeymooners and also uncover the terrorists' plot. It is discovered that Korean forces plan to attack North America's power grid with an electromagnetic pulse, a device that is capable of shutting down the entire power grid, resulting in total darkness throughout the whole area. Special agent Steve Spalding, who is working undercover for the CIA, teams up with the two agents and the honeymooners to put a stop to this attack before the continent has a total blackout. Will they succeed in their mission, or will one of the United States' enemies finally take down the most critical part of their entire structure? Check out this fast-paced, action-filled, exhilarating novel to find out.

E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer is an international crime thriller that boasts many positive aspects. This book entails exciting genres spanning romance, action, crime, suspense, you name it. I was overjoyed with the prospect of reading this book, mostly because I found it so much to my liking. The characters were splendid in their performances, and my favorite was Steve, the CIA agent who seemed to know his way around everything, including women. Steve and Sharon developed some feelings towards each other, and this never went ignored by me, as the romance only added to the thrill of reading the book. Moreover, the author was highly descriptive in her writing, as even intricate details about the rockets carrying the EMP device were included in the book. 

Furthermore, this book was as educative as it was entertaining, as it was a mind opener to the dangers the US power grid faces in an encounter with an electromagnetic pulse. The author even went as far as to include researched materials concerning solar flares and deadly pulses, which are capable of wiping out our technology. This was very informative to me, and I must say that I very much enjoyed reading it.

Sincerely speaking, there was nothing particularly negative about this book. Although I was bothered by the way the story swiftly changed from one scene to another, there was nothing specifically wrong with the book. It was well-scripted, exceptionally well-edited, and had an outstanding plot.

There were no errors in this book, and this greatly contributed to the smoothness of the reading process. To be honest, I simply cannot rate this remarkable novel lower than 5 out of 5 stars, as I did not notice any major flaws in the book.

I promptly recommend this book to lovers of international thrillers, romance, suspense, and, most importantly, action. If you have a thing for one of the aforementioned genres, this book is especially for you. 

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted to bear.”
Marcus Aurelius :tiphat:
David Samanthaa
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-samanthaa.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by David Samanthaa »

EMP Honeymoon offers a fresh take on the post-apocalyptic genre. The honeymoon setting contrasts sharply with the ensuing chaos, creating a captivating storyline

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”