Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chris Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nakazuka.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Chris Azuka »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The book tells the story of Dr Ghoulem Berrah and his fight for freedom and peace in his generation. He was born into a prestigious Islamic family in Algeria. Algeria faced colonization by France during this period. The situation of discrimination and racism was observed by the Algerians, who were black.

He introduces the book by giving information about his background, including his primary education. During his university days, the author set up societies responsible for defending student rights against these problems. The author was determined to fight for his country and liberate it from colonization. It gave him a lot of opposition and enemies. Do you think the author succeeded in his determination? Read this intriguing memoir to learn more about the author’s story.

It is a 644-page book with a total of seventeen chapters. The book made use of images with inscriptions. The author’s initial concern was creating peace and freedom in his country, but this grew into a passion for creating world peace. The author came close to many noblemen during this period. He talked about women he became acquainted with and showed the romance between him and Titi.

I can label the author as an activist and ambassador of peace. I was impressed that the author became successful before his death. The author didn’t give up despite the opposition and rivals that surrounded him. He was someone whose actions and characters are worth emulating. He mentioned how all individuals on earth are alive for a mission, and I can admit that the author fulfilled his mission gracefully. The use of images increased the book’s quality by making it more detailed.

There were a few problems I had with the book. The book was so lengthy, and some pages were unnecessary. Also, the book focused solely on politics and history, making me bored at some point. Apart from these observations, I generally enjoyed reading the book. I appreciate the author’s work and know he will forever be an icon. There was a lot of historical information in the book. I would rate the book 4 out of 5 stars. The book was exceptionally well-edited, as I encountered no errors.

I recommend A Dream For Peace by Dr Ghoulem Berrah to those who wish to cause a positive change in society. Readers would learn from the author’s experiences and encounters. The book has no instances of profanity or sexual content. If you are a lover of autobiographies and memoirs, then this book is for you.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Goodness Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-azuka.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Goodness Azuka »

Autobiographies have a unique of inspiring me. Leadership is another interesting concept of the book. The book is quite lengthy but you reviewed it really good. Nice review.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

The author was great at creating revolutionary organizations when he was a medical student in France, whose Advocacy was to liberate his people in Algeria. He was a remarkable public servant. Your review is lovely!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Geofrey Kebira
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geofrey-kebira.html
Latest Review: Let it Be by Thomas Grady

Post by Geofrey Kebira »

Even though the world is still not a better place right now, it would have been worse if we didn't have people like Dr. Ghoulem Berrah. He's such a great iconic man. Amaizing review.
Noble Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noble-reads.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Noble Reads »

Although I'm not a great fan of historical novels, I believe there would be lot of things to learn from this man's experience. He was a man who struggles to fight for freedom and peace of his people. Thanks for a detailed review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”