Review of Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vivian Writes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-writes.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Review of Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude

Post by Vivian Writes »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude" by Anthony A. Morris.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Sex has always gotten a lot of censorship and shame, but it affects every part of an adult’s life. So sex is not something to hide or be ashamed of. Instead, everyone, including children, will be better off when equipped with godly knowledge of not just sex but also how to treat people with honesty and respect. This is the premise upon which Anthony A Morris wrote the book Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude. In this book, Morris addresses the truths behind sex, how the misconceptions and shame we learned as children may be ruining our lives, and why being knowledgeable about good sexual practices will make all aspects of life better for us as individuals and as a community. Morris uses the Bible as the basis of his teachings.

Contrary to what you might think at first glance, Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude is not a book about just improving your sex life and libido. Instead, Morris gives inspired principles on how to live, think, and practice morality. The author explained the link between man’s shameful attitudes towards sex and our penchant for dishonesty, immorality, lack of discipline, and unkindness. It was refreshing to see the healthy and firm approach the author used in all his teachings.

What made the reading experience better for me was that the author added his personal experiences as a backup to all the principles he explained. For instance, when he mentioned that when dealing with employees, everyone must strive to treat them fairly, he gave a glimpse into how tough it was for him to start as a landscape contractor. It was also heartwarming to see how he treated the workers in his garden. What’s more, Morris never veered off course or made his experiences drag on longer than necessary.

However, some readers might find the author’s fervent defense of God and the Bible a little off-putting. A lot of times, Morris hit the nail on the head and wrote many things I agree with, including how we need to dismantle shame and learn cleanliness instead. However, he seemed forceful at times and wrote some very controversial things. For example, his opinion on schizophrenic patients seemed unbelievable and offensive. He also did not include any reference for most of the claims he made, especially the ones regarding evolution. Therefore, I advise readers who are averse to such content to tread with caution.

There are indeed many benefits to glean from this book. The bulk of the author’s teachings was reasonable and straightforward. However, some others were a little aggressive and hard to believe, especially with no reference. It is for this reason that I remove one star and rate the book 4 out of 5. As a self-help book, this book is adequate and will positively impact readers seeking to improve their mentality regarding honesty, cleanliness, godliness, and discipline.

Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Joyjim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyjim.html
Latest Review: Leora's Letters by Joy Neal Kidney

Post by Joyjim »

These lessons are sorely needed in today's society. I hope many more imbibe these values.
Mayuri Kotalawala
Currently Reading: The Spiritual Treasure Trove
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayuri-kotalawala.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Mayuri Kotalawala »

. In the book, some culprits take advantage of the pandemic to make more money for themselves by spreading misinformation, which is a reflection of real life.
Mayuri Kotalawala
Currently Reading: The Spiritual Treasure Trove
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayuri-kotalawala.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Mayuri Kotalawala »

Sorry about that, the second one was a mistake.
Bianca Morano
Favorite Book: White Nights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianca-morano.html
Latest Review: High Clowder Cats by Ruby Knight

Post by Bianca Morano »

The title of this book caught my attention. I would like to know more about the topics explored in this book. It seems interesting and intriguing. Although it is forewarned with strong Bible teachings can be off-putting, I wouldn't mind at all as long as the message might be understandable to me.
Baggett Yori
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baggett-yori.html
Latest Review: The Truth Is Beyond Belief! by Jerry Durr

Post by Baggett Yori »

"Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude" by Anthony A Morris seems to offer a thought-provoking exploration of sex, morality, and spirituality, grounded in biblical teachings. Morris tackles the taboo surrounding sex with a refreshing perspective, emphasizing the importance of honesty, respect, and godly knowledge in all aspects of life, not just sexual encounters. By weaving in personal experiences and principles derived from the Bible, the author provides practical insights on living a morally upright and disciplined life.
Amanda Kenneth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

"Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude" by Anthony A. Morris challenges the shame and censorship around sex, emphasizing the importance of godly knowledge to treat others with respect. Morris uses biblical teachings to advocate for healthy sexual practices and improved community well-being.
Mfon Ukim
Currently Reading: Popop's Grimoire
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Mfon Ukim »

If there's a book that teaches sexuality from a biblical standpoint, as a Christian, I'm all for it. It is encouraging to have Christian people write books sex and human sexuality because it can provide understanding distinct from conventional knowledge.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”