Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by Park Cherri »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Sincerity, sincere love, friendship, and openness among women have always been uncommon, especially when there are more than two of them. Nevertheless, this book, The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings, altered my viewpoint. I started to realize that having female friends who are closer than blood sisters is definitely conceivable. This tale centers on five ladies who came together through fly fishing after meeting in unexpected places. Initially, these ladies are Rose, Sophie, Veronica, and Amanda.

The oldest member of the group, Rose, was initially the only one with Sophie before the latter added Amanda, a young teacher whose husband was at the time a soldier in the war, and Veronica, a city girl and the executive head of her company. These busy women will set aside a weekend to go fly fishing at Rose's home in the woods. At this time, they bond and talk about whatever is happening in their own lives at the time. Melody is the final member to join the group. Before being rescued, Melody was seen by the four people streaming down a chilly, turbulent stream. In their separate lives, these ladies face various challenges. Keep reading to discover more about them.

This book is actually quite interesting, to be honest, educational as well as fascinating. I adore the connection these ladies were able to establish. Furthermore, no one had a preference for one person over another; instead, love and care were expressed and shared equally. From the viewpoints of each character, the author composed this in the third person. We learn about the women's collective history as we read about them individually, as well as about their personal histories, triumphs, tragedies, and advancements. The characters in this book are all distinct in tone and style, making it easy to identify with them. Because it wasn't repetitive, it was more engaging.

As I've never read anything about fly fishing before, I stated that it's educational. I'll add that it's an excellent contribution to my knowledge. The marriages of Veronica and Amanda also taught me some lessons. In a relationship, communication and understanding are crucial elements. Veronica's husband supported her since he recognized that she was a career woman. I wished Amanda's husband had expressed his struggles more. To fully get what I'm referring to, you should read this book.

I give this story a perfect 5 out of 5 stars rating because I have no issues with it. There were no errors, either. It is exceptionally edited. I'll suggest it to those who enjoy fishing. A few new things will be added to your body of knowledge. Everyone in the appropriate age group who can read and comprehend can learn this. There is no overt adult material.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chibee Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chibee-glory.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Chibee Glory »

An interesting story of friends who became sisters, and share similar interests which are fly fishing. They have their separate life challenges but are determined to put that behind them and enjoy adventure together. Nice review!
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

It's not everytime you come across books centered on female friendshipsI love reading about wholesome female friendships, and I will definitely read this book. Great review
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I have read different reviews of this book and I look forward to reading it. It is rare seeing female friendships stay for a long time. But, the story of these 4 friends turning sisters seems to be different. Well done .
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

This is a heart-touching tale about friendship and its importance in one’s life. The story revolves around five women that got together through fly fishing. I love how the author developed the characters. Well done.
Selmuq Voruma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-selmuq-voruma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Selmuq Voruma »

The tale of friendship narrated in this book reminds me of the verse of the Bible that says "there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother". I really admire the friendship between the 5 ladies. What they shared was wholesome.
Hyfr Zack
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyfr-zack.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Hyfr Zack »

It's rare to see a group of women who do things together without jealousy. These women shared happiness and joy among themselves. This book was an amazing read. Great review.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

I agree with this statement of yours that In a relationship, communication and understanding are crucial elements. A relationship will crumble without this two things. I was drawn to this book because of the female friendship!
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

I have not read this book but your review piqued my attention and I look forward to reading this book.
Amanda Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-warner.html
Latest Review: The Magic of Gluten-Free Cooking by Julia Matto

Post by Amanda Warner »

That's certainly true—you can find friendship, love, and sincerity in the most awkward places. And I like how the bond and love between the four women were strong and genuine. Nice review 
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

This seems like an interesting book. I'm curious to find out where this story leads and the unique aspects that separate it from other books of the same genre. Nice review
Mozi Ken
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

One thing that attracted me to this book was the title. I wondered at it. While reading it, I appreciated the relationship between those five women. Good review.
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

I see that this group is about a group of women. It is very nice to have such interesting and impactful group where you cannot help but feel empowered. I am looking forward to reading this book. Thanks for the review.
Charles Babbage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-babbage.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Charles Babbage »

The way Rose and Sophie met was just the most amazing moment for me. I really loved how the plot of this book was told.
Ben Madeley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-madeley.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ben Madeley »

This sounds like an unusual story and not one that I would normally read but it does sound quite fascinating. Nice review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”