Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

Post by Kelly Peter »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The science fiction book Zona: The Forbidden Land is authored by Fred G. Baker. During his previous unsuccessful foray into the land of Zona, Randall had been lost for more than a year, and he had already been ruled legally dead. Randall is not married and has no kids. Randall's heir and nearest relative is Dr. Grant Taylor. To take over his uncle's residence and other belongings, Dr. Grant Taylor was invited to Russia. Dr. Grant Taylor discovered some of his uncle Randall's old expedition journals in his apartment. Dr. Taylor decided to look into his uncle's disappearance during his most recent expedition after growing concerned about it. He thinks Uncle Randall might still be alive. Can Dr. Taylor succeed in tracking down his uncle? Randall, is he still alive? For further information, pick up a copy of Fred G. Baker's Zona: The Forbidden Land.

I enjoyed reading this book because of how interesting the story was and how well-developed the characters were. I like the author for evoking strong feelings in the reader. I enjoy the author's writing style; the book was simple to read and comprehend; and I appreciate the author's creativity. I had a hard time putting the book down while I was reading it because the suspense kept me interested in finding out what would happen in the next chapter.

I admire Dr. Grant Taylor's dedication to finding out what happened to his uncle. Also, I applaud Colonel Max Volkov's capacity for leadership and his bravery in taking the helm of the expedition squad. As I read about the expedition team's journey into Zona, I was completely absorbed. I like the action scenes in this book because their encounter with the animals was thrilling. Because it was fascinating and enjoyable, I had a great time reading this book.

While reading this book, I was bothered by the numerous sex scenes found in it. Despite this, I enjoyed reading Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker. The novel explores romance, action, and adventure. It is among the best science fiction I have ever read. It was exceptionally well edited; there were no grammatical mistakes. As a result, I will give this book a rating of five out of five stars.

This book contains foul language, brutality, and sexually explicit content. I will therefore recommend this book to mature readers. Fans of action-packed, romantic, and adventure novels will also benefit from my recommendation of this book.

Zona: The Forbidden Land
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nicholas Bush
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholas-bush.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nicholas Bush »

This is a wonderful read I must say. I must commend the effort of the author for such wonderful piece. Nice review, keep it up.
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html

Post by Max Tiffany »

Dr. Grant is a wonderful person for taking such a risk to go to Zona. I hope he succeeds in finding his uncle.
Sarah Kate Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-kate-smith.html
Latest Review: Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S.Lee

Post by Sarah Kate Smith »

Zona: The Forbidden Land seems to be a nice book to read, and Grant's courage to go in search of his uncle is admirable to me. Lovely review
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

Zona is an interesting sci-fi book with Dr. Grant as the lead character. I love how smart he is. The discoveries were very impressive. Nice review!
Ogidor Chinasa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogidor-chinasa.html

Post by Ogidor Chinasa »

Awesome review here. I haven't read this book yet but the story is quite an interesting one. And I look forward to getting started with this book

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”