Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Medina Fedrick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medina-fedrick.html
Latest Review: Across the Kentucky Color Line by Lee Durham Stone

Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

Post by Medina Fedrick »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Of Zots and Xoodles" by Zarqnon the Embarrassed.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever questioned the status quo or wondered what it would be like if the future were merely a projection of the past? Why is this the intended course of action? What other means exist to accomplish this? Does the fact that it's done this way imply that it's right? In this work, the author questions established norms in this way.

Theodil rolls the dice; his location and purpose are unclear to the reader; and he obtains dot-like Zots, albeit their validity and authenticity are called into question. One of the critics in attendance at the time of this experiment refers to the dot-like Zots braided together to resemble noodles as "Xoodles." He attempts several experimental techniques and iterates the process, which results in the creation of time and light. In the presence of scientists and detractors who doubt his work and his intentions for his inventions, he works on his table to make these objects. What could be the reason behind these creations? Is he doing it to demonstrate his abilities, or is it for a rational goal that will benefit and enrich existence? Read this book to find out.

Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed is a fictional book of 49 pages that tells the story of a man named Theodil fondling with something he called "Zots" to create various works of matter and non-matter. The author described a case of creativity that was carried out without conducting any kind of investigation and only using assumptions. Although this was rather challenging to grasp, I appreciated that Theodil's experiment was illustrated; it helped to clarify several points of the story. I was able to pick out one quote from this book that particularly stuck with me, despite the author's tendency to use abstract language, which was: "That which is opposed or distinct is not always opposing or schismatic." This remark has a lot of wisdom in my opinion; therefore, I felt compelled to share it with you.

I found most of the author's writing confusing because of how the narrations and descriptions were done in abstract terms. It is quite unfortunate that the author made no effort to explain these terms properly for the reader's understanding. I had to reread these parts several times to grasp the meaning intended. Even the illustrations spiked some form of confusion, which left me with no other option than to carefully analyze in order to understand.

Because of the above-mentioned flaws, I would rate this book four out of five stars, but I didn't rate it any less because despite being abstract, there are a few things that one can learn from this book if read analytically. I discovered only one error throughout the book, which indicates that it was professionally edited. I would recommend this book to academic philosophers and those who always seem to probe existence for the extraordinary.

Of Zots and Xoodles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Favour Alade Boluwatife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riam333.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Favour Alade Boluwatife »

This is an amazing review. I will check this book out
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

To be honest the title of this book is unusual. I like the concept of Theodil creating a universe in front of a panel of judges.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

"Of Zots and Xoodles" by Zarqnon the Embarrassed is a book with a story that does not pique my interest judging from this review.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

Alot of things come to mind when imagining about the creation of the world but this books creativity is unique and i would love to read about it.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I appreciate the author’s creativity. This book might not appeal to all readers because of its complexity. But it’s interesting to learn of the way the author thinks.
Ayilaran Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayilaran-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Ayilaran Emmanuel »

Awesome review for "Of Zots and Xoodles"

Thought it's a bit confusing, not getting the idea of the book straight forward
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

This book sound complicated though the review is proving otherwise I will read the book because I enjoy this kind of book. Good job.
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

I read this book and did not enjoy it much. I too found many of the parts and illustrations to be confusing. Your review was well-written.
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”