Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Francis Ignacio
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimaobi-ignatius-egenti.html
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker

Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by Francis Ignacio »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R. F. Kristi is a delightful children’s book that is part of a series but can be read on its own. It is a story about a group of animal detectives who go around the world with their human parent, Missy, solving crimes and puzzles. The group comprises four cats: Inca, who is the leader; Car; Fromaye; and Monk. There’s also a dog named Terrence and a hamster named Charlotte.

Missy had just been invited to Korea for a cheese competition where she would judge the cheese creations of other competitors. She also is to display her own cheese creation, and the pack is excited to go with her. They learn, however, that a devious chef has plans to sabotage the competition and steal Missy's cheese. If this happens, it’ll be the end of her career as a chef. This competition is to be attended by North and South Koreans as a way of fostering peace. Will the detectives stop the evil plot and save the competition?

There were many positive aspects of this book that I enjoyed. I’m sure children would enjoy the storyline and the lessons it teaches. Lessons like love, teamwork, and courage are to be learned from the story of Inca and his furry partners. The author made use of images that were colorful and catchy. The images also explained the story better. Even though the book is part of a series, it can be read and fully understood on its own.

The characters are well developed. Even minor characters proved to be quite as important as the main ones. I learned quite a lot about Korean culture and their cuisine from reading this book. I also want to commend the writing style of the author. He wrote in simple language, knowing full well that his readers were children. I’m positive that children won’t find it hard to understand the contents of the book. There was also suspense in some parts of the book, making it more interesting to read.

There was nothing to dislike about this book. I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. My rating is high because of the above-mentioned reasons. There were no errors that I noticed. The book was exceptionally well edited. I recommend it to children of younger ages. I also recommend that an older person read it with the child to explain some parts of it to them.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Reader_noc »

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula is a very short and interesting storybook for children with colourful illustrations. It had alot of action and lessons too!
Ben Mount
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-mount.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Ben Mount »

The storyline of this book seems intriguing. Although its a children book, I think adults can be able to relate to the content of the book. Great review.
Smrithi Arun
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Girl On The Train
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smrithi-arun.html
Latest Review: Derrick of Death by Malvina Lerma
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 6%

Post by Smrithi Arun »

I really enjoyed reading and reviewing Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula! The font and illustrations made it a very fun experience. I also loved that the animals expressed themselves like humans. Great review!
Reading is dreaming with open eyes
Friederic Schröder
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-friederic-schr-der.html
Latest Review: Tangled Branches by William Bailey

Post by Friederic Schröder »

The Inca and Cat Detective novel series is an interesting children's novel, I would love to know what happen in North Korea during the competition. Great review.
Malunzelundilom Chiboy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malunzelundilom-chiboy.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Malunzelundilom Chiboy »

The character I loved most was Inca, she is very smart cat detective. Your review was very well explained. Good job
Kenn Nyet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenn-nyet.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kenn Nyet »

This is an interesting children's book with story about a cat family that can cook and also do detective work. I enjoyed the read.
Okezie Tochi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okezie-tochi.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Okezie Tochi »

This is a very inspiring and educative children novel that encourages children and teach them a lot of things. I must say this is a very nice review
Okezie Tochi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okezie-tochi.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Okezie Tochi »

This is a very inspiring and educative children novel that encourages children and teach them a lot of things. I must say this is a very nice review
AgathaChristiesStan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agathachristiesstan.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by AgathaChristiesStan »

I am an adult, but your review is so good I want to read the book :)
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

The author's ability to use animals as the protagonists is a creative and unique approach, and it adds an extra layer of charm and fun to the story. I appreciate the author's attention to detail when describing the different settings and landscapes in the story, as it makes the story come alive in the reader's imagination.
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

This is an interesting children's story that portrays valuable lessons with colorful illustrations that kids will find captivating. My favorite character in this engrossing tale is Inca. Thanks for the great review.
Stephen Grace Wonders
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-grace-wonders.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Stephen Grace Wonders »

Interesting, with the way you explained the book in this review, I believe older people will enjoy it and pick one or two lessons from it. I'll love to read it because it is fascinating and enjoy Korean movies.
Kizito Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kizito-shelby.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Kizito Shelby »

This book was amazing. I really enjoyed reading every bit of it. Fromage was quite the arrogant and boastful character, while Inca was alwasy calm and level-headed.
Omobolanle Shittu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-shittu.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Omobolanle Shittu »

Animal collaborating with human owners on detective missions is something I'd love to read soon. Well done for this engaging review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”