Review of Burn Zones

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of Burn Zones

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Life has many trials, and we cannot predict or choose what tomorrow will bring. The decisions we make today can lead us to greatness or failure, but at the very least, we must learn that while we struggle with life, we will face both major and minor obstacles, but we must persevere until we reach our objective. Burn Zones: Playing Life's Bad Hands by Jorge P. Newbery is a book that tells a story about Jorge and his journey through life.

The story starts by telling us how the character Jorge began to deliver newspapers when he was seven years old. He had approached Mr Robert Snodgrass and told him he wanted to deliver newspapers. Surprised, the man asked Jorge if he could meet up with him daily, and Jorge answered that he could meet up. At eleven, Jorge had made his first achievement: he had purchased his ice cream truck for 200 dollars.

At 13, Jorge applied as a busboy, and the receptionist asked him to resume work the same day. While working, he saved thousands of dollars and was interested in becoming a performer; his only challenge at the time was being shy. His first work was the Youth Manifesto. Soon after, a person from Greenworld Distribution called to offer to spread the Youth Manifesto widely in the United States. When this happened, Jorge was just 16 years old.

I had a lot of reasons to like this book, like how Jorge's parents were always encouraging and never challenged their son's decision, for example, when he wanted to quit school. I found it amusing that Jorge's mother was an actress and that he had a passion for performing, demonstrating how closely related they were. I also liked that Jorge decided not to join his friends in drinking and drug abuse, which shows that he wasn't easily swayed by what other people did, and Burn Zones had a lot of moral lessons that would impact one's life.

I didn't have any reason to dislike this book, and I recommend it to anyone who is about to start the journey of life and needs any source of motivation to achieve their aims. While reading, I found a few mistakes, showing that Burn Zones: Playing Life's Bad Hands by Jorge P. Newbery is professionally edited. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because it teaches me that success can start at any age if you work towards it.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Emmanuel Cohen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-cohen.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emmanuel Cohen »

Life is filled with ups and downs, we have to keep pushes despite what it throws to your face. Jorge is source of inspiration, his resilience is something to admire.
There is a lot of positives to take from this book.
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

Jorge recounts his experiences of police brutality and the stereotypes of African Americans in the media, and how these experiences shaped him and his outlook. He also pays tribute to the people who had an impact on his life, highlighting the importance of learning from any situation.
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

I am willing to collate all the knowledge, experience, advice, humour and many other that the book is willing to offer me. A person that reads is always a step ahead.
Katherine Barnabas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-barnabas.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Katherine Barnabas »

Turn your weaknesses into your greatest strengths and watch how powerful you'll become. That was one major lesson I learned from this book. The way other people act has nothing to do with you.
Emmanuel Cohen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-cohen.html

Post by Emmanuel Cohen »

Life is filled with ups and downs, we have to keep pushes despite what it throws to your face. Jorge is source of inspiration, his resilience is something to admire.
There is a lot of positives to take from this book.
Soma Ezenwanne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Legend of Prism: The Pegasus Who Painted the Sky Rainbow by Brad W. Blue

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

I enjoyed every minute of this review. All I could understand was that everyone should learn to face their challenges and not running and hoping for tomorrow to get better without working hard.
Merits Anih
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: Americas Revival by Kathryn Garten and Christopher Garten

Post by Merits Anih »

The message of Burn Zones is one of hope and perseverance, reminding readers that even the most challenging obstacles can be overcome with hard work and determination.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

The author's story is a reminder that success is often a result of perseverance and hard work. I would highly recommend this book to anyone looking for motivation and inspiration in their own life. The book provides a great example of how to turn adversity into an opportunity for growth and success.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

Hmmmmm, this is really interesting. A child who was so ambitious at the age of 10 should really be destined with greatness and I believe that every one should read this book. It is really inspiring.
Daniel Moore 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-moore-4.html

Post by Daniel Moore 4 »

The author's honesty and vulnerability in discussing his struggles and emotions make him more relatable and human, and help readers connect with his story.
I appreciate the author's willingness to share his failures and mistakes, as it makes his success all the more impressive and inspiring.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: Penticore Prime by M.D. Chevalier

Post by Salome Ogani »

I appreciate how Jorge P. Newberry's book Burn Zones: Playing Life's Bad Hands is relatable to all, not just entrepreneurs. His story of overcoming challenges can inspire anyone facing obstacles in their life.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

I love the story line. The book is encouraging and the author did a great work.
This book teaches that hard work, and consistency will help us grow and achieve a lot in life.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

The author did a wonderful job with this book as there’s a lot to be learnt including perseveration and hard work no matter how many times things don’t work out. I hope everyone learns how to rise above their burn zones
Ucposh301
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ucposh301.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Ucposh301 »

From this review I can tell this book has a lot of encouraging message to pass across to everyone. Life doesn't just start immediately, it takes time. Jorge knew how life works and he never stopped working hard. Nice review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”