Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Micheal Ukewuihe
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micheal-ukewuihe.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by Micheal Ukewuihe »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi is a children's book in the Inca Cat Detective series. This book is entertaining and filled with illustrations. Books like this are good for kids because they contain subtle messages and teach different lessons through the characters' behaviors. Inca is a detective cat who gets her information by snooping around and listening to conversations. She has created a company filled with her friends, who are all detectives. In this book, they traveled to Korea with her owner for a cheese-eating competition.

Unfortunately, her owner has a rival who is jealous of her business. This rival is determined to destroy her special dish for the competition because it represents her reputation and business. What adventure awaits Inca in Korea? Will Inca be able to stop her owner's rival plans?

I enjoyed reading about the cultures and traditions of the Koreans and the historical stories told to help make the book more detailed and aid your imagination. I grew to love their ways after hearing about the different procedures for the competition. The book helped improve my vocabulary. I learned about the Korean War and its peace initiative. I liked the characters in the book and their humorous personalities. The book introduced lessons and themes on peace, friendship, and creative thinking.

There is not much to dislike about this book. The book is insightful and educational, as it has a lot of subtle lessons. The writing style and character development were excellent. However, Inca's snooping behavior should not be encouraged, as curiosity kills the cat, and Inca is a cat. Snooping and listening in on conversations isn't a good character trait to emulate.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. It had subtle lessons to teach, and the creative illustrations made this book great. It is exceptionally well-edited. It was simple but still entertaining. The only thing I didn't like was the snooping behavior of Inca, which she shouldn't have done, but it didn't affect my reading experience or the book's value. These reasons qualify the book for its given rating.

I recommend this book to parents with adventurous children and young readers interested in an educative and lovely adventure story.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

Books like this have fun and entertaining messages that children can learn from while having a good time. i enjoyed the storys plot nevertheless
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

Inca and the rest of the team are great detectives, who always save the day. I like how they disgraced the mischievous Enzo who tried to steal mom's recipe
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

Inca is my favorite character in this book. Her courage is what made me enjoy the book. This is one of the children books I enjoyed a lot. Good job.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

What a captivating children's book. From the look of things, this book will be very interesting. I love reading children's book alot because they help me with some knowledge to train my children.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I am a lover of children book's with nice cover page, plot and beautiful graphics. This book falls into the category and I will read it. Wonderful review, welldone.
Friederic Schröder
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-friederic-schr-der.html
Latest Review: Tangled Branches by William Bailey

Post by Friederic Schröder »

This seems to be an interesting and exciting children's novel, I bet they are pictures representing these cat detectives. I can't wait to get a copy of this novel. Great review!
Precious Anavheoba
Currently Reading: Bright Expanse
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-anavheoba.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by Precious Anavheoba »

This is a fine children's book. The author does well to include beautiful illustrations that are attractive to both children and adults. It is a good book for grown ups to read aloud to kids while pointing out lessons.
Mhunnar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhunnar.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Mhunnar »

This review is well written and makes me eager to read the book as it appears to speak to the little girl in me, I love cats and a good detective story.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

This is an intriguing story that kids would love. The colorful illustration in this engrossing tale made it a fun read. I love how Inca portrayed a good example of a team leader. Well done.
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

This is an interesting children’s book. Children will find it fascinating with its colorful picture and simple grammars. It’s easy to understand as a sentence is written on a line.
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

Rgos book isn't just cute but it has a good storyline and it will encourage kids to be good to pet and be brave like inca.
Fergie Jess Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jess-edeni.html

Post by Fergie Jess Edeni »

This book is incredible. Cats on rescue mission. This Children’s book is good one for kids. I loved your review. Good job
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

Inca and the rest of the team display exceptional detective skills, consistently saving the day. I appreciate their ability to expose mischievous Enzo's attempt to pilfer Mom's recipe. Undoubtedly, Inca is my preferred character in this book. I wholeheartedly recommend it to children, as it is an essential read.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”