Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elizabeth Galavu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-galavu.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Elizabeth Galavu »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Galen Bray approaches a ship bound for Voulhire. Some people are chasing him. He approaches the ship and hands the captain some papers. The captain accepts him on board and his assailants are killed. This marks the beginning of a journey. A journey that Galen thinks will bring him great contentment. Galen arrives at his destination, Magnum Caelum, in a week. He has come from the war-torn lands of the princes to inherit his deceased uncle's forge. He plans on making a great blacksmith someday. Rowan, an executor of his uncle's estate becomes his closest companion. Galen describes Voulhire as reminding him of a painting yet where he comes from, (the lands of the princes) paintings were not so lovely and dreams were not so audacious. Will Voulhire live up to his expectation? Should Galen take everything at face value? Voulhire is the center of success. It also has a cocktail of darkness looming beneath all the peace. The Riva, the mages, and the power struggles are all to be looked out for!

I like the flow of the book. We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is the first in a series of books. It begins on a high note. The tempo is maintained throughout the book. There is no single page that can be deemed boring. I enjoyed reading the book immensely. I also like the array of characters the author uses for his book. The characters have a wide range of personalities. Matthew integrates them to come up with a beautiful book. The rowdy Rowan, the level-headed Galen, the secretive Meldorath, the tender king Wilhelm and many more are put together to form Voulhire. They are Voulhire! I find the author's sense of humor amusing. This is especially noticeable around Rowan. Finally, I like the vivid nature of the book. The author gives detailed accounts and descriptions. He even goes ahead and adds a map and a glossary of terms to make the book more enjoyable. We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is an epic science fiction you don't want to miss!

I find the book very violent. Gory scenes are described in explicit detail. The author gives detail of heads being chopped off and people being broken into pieces. This will make some readers upset. Generally, the book is a great read. I find no other negative aspects.

Considering all the above, I rate We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies with five out of five stars. I find the book exceptionally well-edited. I decided to give a perfect rating because I enjoyed reading the book. I can't give a lower rating because there was nothing that prompts me to do so.

Ultimately, I recommend this book to a mature audience who enjoys science fiction. A younger reader may not be well suited to be exposed to the violence portrayed in the book. A reader who does not enjoy science fiction and magic might find the book boring. So if you fit the category get your copy and journey with Galen into the unknown. I can't wait to read the sequel to this book.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Post by Shillah Andeso »

This is one of the best books I've read on mages and magic. The book felt real, and the descriptions also boost the feeling. I love how well you've crafted this review. I'd read this book again anytime. Thanks for the recommendation, again!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”