Review of East Wind, 2nd Edition

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nicholas Bush
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholas-bush.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review of East Wind, 2nd Edition

Post by Nicholas Bush »

[Following is a volunteer review of "East Wind, 2nd Edition" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Well, I have read different books on terrorism and intelligence, but I must confess that when it comes to the one that would keep you glued to the edge of your seat, East Wind, 2nd Edition, by Jack Winnick, should be the number one choice. Sometimes I wonder what the origin of religious terrorism could be and how to stop it. Though this is fiction, reading this book has a way of grounding you in reality and providing you with a reason to pause and consider the potential harm that terrorism has caused to society.

After Hakim el-Fazikh, a Hezbollah operative raided an Israeli school on a Sabbath evening, killing everyone while leaving only one student, Yaakov, to transmit the story. From reading the report of Yaakov, Uri was able to identify Hakim as his childhood friend and, therefore, was able to locate his hideout and take it down. After taking down Hakim, Uri discovered a few documents with the word "Opera" repeatedly written in Arabic. What could the word "Opera" mean? Would it help stop terrorism? Read this book to find out.

I have been hearing about the Lara and Uri series, and this is the first book I'm reading in the series. I must tell you, it's worth all the hype and kudos. Considering the impactful lessons all through the book, I must commend the author for the flawless job done. Despite this book being on terrorism, it also contains themes on love, relationships, sacrifice, patriotism, bravery, intelligence, determination, and smartness, and from these, I learned a thing or two that is worth applying in my daily life.

Firstly, I must applaud the author for the writing style used in this book, as it made reading the book interesting, engaging, easy to read, and easy to understand. Another aspect of this book is the storyline, which is unpredictable in any way and also keeps readers on the edge of their seats all throughout the book. The characters are properly developed, as they are easy to identify.

After attentively reading this book, I was unable to identify any grounds for disliking it or any features that were problematic; as a result, I have no unfavorable feelings toward it. I also could not find any typographical or grammatical errors, which indicates that the book was perfectly well-edited and is deserving of a perfect rating of five out of five stars. I would recommend this book to lovers of thriller novels, fans of series, and also anyone who wants to learn a thing or two about religious terrorism.

East Wind, 2nd Edition
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi23.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Oluchi23 »

This book seems to interest me too and I will add it to my book shelf to read it soonest. The reviewer also did a great job and I must appreciate his work.
ojukwu2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojukwu2.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by ojukwu2 »

Just by reading this review, I can't deny the fact that I'm already attracted to reading this nook for myself to learn more. Nice job done kudos. Adding to my bookshelf ASAP.
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Kelly Peter »

I commend Lara and Uri for their courage this book has a wonderful narrative that the reader will find appealing. Nice review.
Mary Bliss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawman-3.html

Post by Mary Bliss »

This is a novel I would love to read over and over again. I would love to commend the author for a wonderful, detailed and suspenseful plot. It seems engaging and interesting. Nice review. Kudos.
Caballero paul
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pakiri.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Caballero paul »

One of the best of its kind. No doubt, jack Winnick is a grate author, and this book just confirmed it. I won't miss reading it someday. Congrats
Michael R Stoddard
Currently Reading: Temple of Truth and Lies
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-r-stoddard.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Michael R Stoddard »

An excellent review. I would love to read this book as soon as possible. One of the best reviews I have seen
Dahv mpa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dahv-mpa.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Dahv mpa »

This book sounds interest me too and I will be adding it to my book shelf to read it soonest. The reviewer also did a great job and I must appreciate his work.
Mary Bliss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawman-3.html

Post by Mary Bliss »

One of the best of its kind. No doubt, jack Winnick is a grate author, and this book just confirmed it. I won't miss reading it someday. Congrats
Jack Brown+22
Currently Reading:

Post by Jack Brown+22 »

Just by reading this review, I can't deny the fact that I'm already attracted to reading this nook for myself to learn more. Nice job done kudos. Adding to my bookshelf ASAP.
Dave dowells
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dave-dowells.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Dave dowells »

An excellent review. I would love to read this book as soon as possible. One of the best reviews I have seen

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”