Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

At some point in their lives, everyone seems to picture a perfect world—the kind of life they want: a world with lots of money and no sickness. But what if we could bring these mental images into the physical world? Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker is a fictional story that describes the journey of certain people to a land with unfamiliar characteristics.

Randall went to Zona, which is in northern Siberia. For a year, no one knew where he was, so they thought he was dead and gave his house in Russia to his nephew, Grant Taylor. Grant didn't believe his uncle was no longer alive, and he went through the journals and books in the house and made certain discoveries.

Grant decides to look for his uncle. He met Bori, his uncle's lawyer, and Irina because he thought they knew where his uncle was. This book describes the tour that Grant, scientists, and guards took under the direction of Max Volkov, who had the most experience because he had previously been to Zona. Get this book if you want to know if this journey was a success despite their encounters with numerous wild animals of varying sizes.

I like many things about this book that make it fun to read. First, Fred explicitly introduced and described the characters in the book. The book was different because it had romance, thrills, and suspense, which Fred combined uniquely. I also liked that the book had a map of Zona, which made it easier to picture certain locations. Volkov was my favorite character because he was a disciplined leader who kept everyone on the same page, which is an excellent trait to have. I also liked Captain Oleg because he gave Grant the push he needed to discover the truth. Lastly, I liked this book's plot because there were many puzzles to solve, which made the book interesting as I read.

I didn't have any reason to dislike this book, and I recommend it to anyone with a high sense of imagination and people who enjoy books with lots of adventure stories and clues to solve mysteries. I didn't encounter any grammatical errors while reading, which shows that Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker was exceptionally well edited. Because Fred made the book interesting and the plot did not bore me, I gave it a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

Zona: The Forbidden Land
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Toria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-tor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Amy Toria »

I'm so glad you enjoyed the character development and descriptive writing of Zona: The Forbidden Land. I completely agree with your assessment of Zona: The Forbidden Land! It's an exciting and thrilling adventure, and the character development is very well done.
“So please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookshelf on the wall.”

Roald Dahl
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

Everyone needs someone like captain Oleg in their lives to give them the necessary push they need when the time arises. The author took out time to explain the land of Zona and how unique it was.
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

The names of the characters in this book are hilarious. I love the imaginative capabilities of the author to come up with such names. Thanks for sharing your detailed review with us.
Gloria Hearts
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gloria-hearts.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Gloria Hearts »

This is an awesome review and I will like to read this book because it looks like the book has the qualities I admires in novel both romance, thrills and suspense and I hope to enjoy the book as you did.
Seun Ukanwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seun-ukanwa.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Seun Ukanwa »

I will like to know if Randall was eventually found. I like the author's imaginative skill. This review is so insightful and engaging. I hope to enjoy the book as you did.
Daniel Moore 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-moore-4.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Daniel Moore 4 »

The idea of an uncharted land that defies the laws of nature is fascinating, and I am curious to see how the author explores this concept. The fact that the book has many characters may be a challenge for some readers, but I'm willing to give it a try.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: Penticore Prime by M.D. Chevalier

Post by Salome Ogani »

The review does an excellent job of highlighting the book's strengths, such as its immersive setting and engaging narrative. The fact that the book is simple to read and comprehend will make it accessible to a wide range of readers.
Ucposh301
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ucposh301.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Ucposh301 »

Wow, a book on an adventure to a land with unfamiliar characteristics makes me imagine the unimaginable. Reading this book and picturing it with the fictional map is another adventure on its own. Kudos to the author for this masterpiece
Soma Ezenwanne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Legend of Prism: The Pegasus Who Painted the Sky Rainbow by Brad W. Blue

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

This is a classic story that takes readers on an enchanting journey of discovery and adventure. Grant Taylor unravels the mysteries surrounding his uncle's disappearance, diving into a world filled with wonder and intrigue.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

The Forbidden Land is a thrilling story that combines the allure of the unknown with the power of knowledge, capturing the essence of exploration and the joy of uncovering hidden truths.😊
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

Your review was well organized, and you used simple words to get a lot of messages across. I also add that Grant's search for his uncle was delightful, especially when others thought Randall was dead when he wasn't.
Christopher Andersons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris1-anderson.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Christopher Andersons »

The fact that the book contains profanity and sexual content may not be suitable for all readers, but it adds a level of authenticity and realism to the story.
Rose Lineani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-lineani.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Rose Lineani »

The review's mention of the book's balance between fantasy and creative nonfiction suggests that it will be a satisfying read for fans of both genres.
Willie Wilsons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willie-wilsons.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Willie Wilsons »

The review's mention of the book's balance between fun and information suggests that it will be an enjoyable and educational read.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”