Review of Short Stories from Saskatchewan and Beyond

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Active Chris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-active-chris.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Review of Short Stories from Saskatchewan and Beyond

Post by Active Chris »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Short Stories from Saskatchewan and Beyond" by Ryan Thaddeus.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Short Stories from Saskatchewan and Beyond is a fictional book and a collection of several stories. These stories feature genres like fantasy, science fiction, adventure, survival, and many more.

The stories are brief, and each of them has an exciting plot. The book has a table of contents and an introductory chapter. Each chapter begins with a quote and questions for answers. The book made use of images, making it fun to read. The majority of the tales were in the first person. The stories were captivating and thrilling to read, though the author has a complex writing style. The author delivered well in a few pages. Read this great collection of short stories by Ryan Thaddeus.

The author is a multi-talented writer who writes different stories in different genres. In the second story, which I consider the major one, the author takes readers to the future—the 35th century, to be precise. At this time, AI was dominant, and technology was rampant among all citizens. It talks of a farmer in the Saskatchewan province who disregards the use of artificial intelligence, having lived up to 1500 years using life-enhancing experiments. Messengers told him to close down his farm due to the practice of eating synthetic food. It aggravated him and led to many problems. Read more about the story of Citizen Casper in this book. There are a few other intriguing stories the novel has to offer. I learned about something called the Yin and Yang.

I had a few problems with the book. It was hard to figure out when the author switched to another story. Also, the book did not complete the last plot on Mars Mission 1. These are reasons enough to remove one star from the book’s rating. The story I enjoyed most in the book was that of five friends who broke into a house to find and steal treasures. They came across a basement where an old box lay. From the box came a leprechaun willing to grant them a wish each. It appeared to be their day of luck, but unknowingly, there were grave consequences. The story was like watching a movie about Aladdin and the genie. The book was professionally well-edited, as I encountered a few errors. I would rate the book 4 out of 5 stars.

I recommend the book to readers who would love to read stories of different genres combined in one book. Some of the stories would be entertaining for young readers to read.

Short Stories from Saskatchewan and Beyond
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kizito Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kizito-shelby.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Kizito Shelby »

Short Stories from Saskatchewan and Beyond is a fictional book by Ryan Thaddeus. I really loved the plot of this book. It really shoes how good the author is.
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

I like shprt stories and I like that tgis stories are short, fun and exciting and seeing that it's a combination of different genre makes it more interesting. Great review
Ekaete Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

Short Stories from Saskatchewan and Beyond is a fictional book by Ryan Thaddeus that shows us onec again the broad mind of the author.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”