Review of Wild World

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Goodness Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-azuka.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Review of Wild World

Post by Goodness Azuka »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Imagine losing a fellow student or friend in a nonviolent protest. Imagine a war breaking out in a university community. Imagine the melancholy that the thought of war brings. Wild World is a historical fiction that highlights the reactions of Logan in a stagnant political system where there was a breeding of inhumanity and impaired integrity.

Steve raced upstairs to meet his roommate and lover, Roxy. They were watching the news report on their TV when Steve joined. The National Guard troops had opened fire on the raging protesters. The fear of overtaking the administration buildings made them do so. The protest was peaceful. Some of the deceased were not even protesters. It was sad. The mood in the community was grave. Steve and his friends lamented and even shed some tears. The school went on strike. It was difficult for the lacrosse team to decide whether to play. Steve Logan became inspired after attending a seminar. He then decides to join the police force. What difference could it make? What was the experience? Did the lacrosse team agree to play?

Wild World is a 273-page book written by Peter S. Rush. The author explores love, pain, bitterness, courage, strength, endurance, and romance. The book focused on the value and rights of the female gender. It also discussed individual rights. The author expressively explored Roxy’s painful condition. She had lost her father and sister, and the pain was still fresh. Her relationship with her mother was also faulty. I had a lot of empathy for Roxy as I read. Steve, on the other hand, was in a dilemma. There was school, sports, his relationship, and making a difference in the corrupt political system.

I enjoyed reading Wild World. My favourite character was Steve Logan. I admired his doggedness towards his objective. I also loved that he highly regarded Roxy. He was ready to give her all his love and care. He was also keen and intentional about being at peace with her despite the confusion in their relationship.

The only thing I disliked about the book was the pointless complications in some parts of it. It sometimes made the book unnecessarily lengthy and tiresome to read. The book also contained a good number of errors. For these reasons, I rate this book four out of five stars. My favourite part of the book was when Roxy verbalized her thoughts during the protest with all courage and commanding might. She did that despite the emotional stress she was already going through.

I recommend this book to lovers of historical fiction. This book is suitable for mature readers because of its sexual content and profanity.

Wild World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

Steve decides to join the police to create change? I think that what is happening in Steve's world is sadly happening in many other places. Looking forward to reading this book. Amazing review.
Active Chris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-active-chris.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Active Chris »

Steve Logan is someone who strives to make a difference in a corrupt political system. He was faced with many challenges that should have discouraged him but he didn't back down. Nice review.
Azuka Jessica
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

I wonder how Logan does this. Will he accomplish this feat. I am looking forward to reading this book. Thanks for an amazing review. It feels good that books like this are out there.
Favour Alade Boluwatife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riam333.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Favour Alade Boluwatife »

This seems like a rollercoaster of emotions and I would love to read and know more about Logan and see if he'll execute his accomplishment. Thanks for your review.
Omobolanle Shittu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-shittu.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Omobolanle Shittu »

The premise of war makes the book a little less appealing to me but this review was quite beautiful. I'm curious about Steve's dilemma and how he prioritise what to do about them. Well done.
Conrad Writes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-conrad-writes.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Conrad Writes »

Steve is an admirable character for willing to give up everything for the benefit of others. I'm curious to find out how his story ends. Well done on an awesome review.
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html

Post by Reader_noc »

Where the political system of a country fails, the people are bound to revolt. I caanot inagine losing a close friend to a protest or riot. I hope Steve Logan can effect a change.
Ekaete Bruno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

I've not read this book but I really agree with the points you've raised in the book. It was really nice, the way you portrayed the story.
Jerry Spencer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-spencer.html
Latest Review: I Said, "I Am A Nun" by June A Ramsay

Post by Jerry Spencer »

Personally, Steve was getting himself an experience for a lifetime, but he failed to consider some factors before joining the police. I'm not a big fan of Roxy. She, first, showed tendencies of misbehavior and then, actualized them. There's no excuse for the things she did.
Noble Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noble-reads.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Noble Reads »

This book revolves around Steve Logan, a man determined to make a change in a corrupt society. Steve has a character worth emulating because despite the challenges he faced, he didn't give up. Thanks for the review.
Jane Honda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Jane Honda »

Steve was also my favourite. This book reveals a similar protest that occurred. The scene was something I don't like. I would love to read this book.
Sarah Kate Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-kate-smith.html
Latest Review: Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S.Lee

Post by Sarah Kate Smith »

I know a lot of crises and mishaps happen at the tertiary level, and I loved how Steve stood out to stand or fight for what is right.
Noble Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noble-reads.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Noble Reads »

Steve Logan, the protagonist of this book joins the police force with the sole aim of creating a change in a society that reeked of corrupt persons. This was one great story and I learned a lot from it. Nice review.
Mariam Ibraheem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariam-ibraheem.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Mariam Ibraheem »

People are prone to uprisings in nations when the political system is ineffective. I can't imagine suffering the loss of a dear friend in a riot or protest. I'm hoping Steve Logan can make a difference.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”