Review of The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Prisca olu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisca-olu.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Review of The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by Prisca olu »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

At first, I thought the book was boring just from the title, but Belle Ami proved me wrong. She told the story of Angela Renatus, an art historian doing her internship at the Getty Museum, which promised to pave the path for her in her career, but her boss, Mr. Alberto Scordato, the director of the museum, a pervert, took an interest in her due to visions she has that seem to link her to a lost da Vinci painting. Scordato was hired by Max Jeager to recover the lost painting, but he wants it for himself.

Alex was also hired by Max Jaeger to find the painting; therefore, he hired Angela to help him accomplish this task. Angela has to risk losing herself in visions of her past lives to discover the lost da Vinci painting. Is it worth testing fate and risking her love with Alex? Will her hope that finding the painting will finally free her from the torments of the visions be fulfilled?

The book almost convinced me that everything that was happening did happen. The author's storytelling was that good. I felt Sophia's anger and sadness as though they were mine. The author seems to take you to a time when you live and experience each scene and are compelled to empathize with the emotions of the characters. Belle Ami in The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci did great work with the description of the landscapes and scenes.

What I loved most about the book was that it surprised me. I was expecting the book to be like a boring artist memoir, but it is a book filled with a bit of thriller, reincarnation, paranormal activity, deaths and near-death experiences, lots of romance, and some sex scenes. 

The author was able to show the past events to coincide with the present perfectly without it being confusing. Though it might have been influenced by their past lives, I felt that Angela and Alex's feelings progressed too quickly. I found myself loving the Italian language because of how romantically it was used in the book. I admire Leonardo da Vinci's friendship with Fioretta for standing with her against the obstacles that threaten her love for Giuliano even when it stood no benefit to him.

The book was a wonderful read, and I have no dislikes other than that I wish it had more thrills than it offered. I found no errors in the book, and I believe it was professionally edited. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars, and though there were some sex scenes, it is suitable for young adults and those who enjoy books on romance, the paranormal, and reincarnation. 

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

One thing that motivated me to read this book is the book cover. I am so in love with the art at the cover page. Generally this book is a very nice one to spend your day with.
Active Chris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-active-chris.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Active Chris »

The book also made me not interested as I saw the book's cover. However, I believe it won't be bad to take a look at it. I woul love to know more about this book. Thanks for your review
Kizito Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kizito-shelby.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Kizito Shelby »

This book as so much historical relevance as it takes us back to events that happened over 600 years ago. The man da vinci and all the conspiracies that surrounded him.
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Reader_noc »

Alberto seems like a terrible man who wants to take advantage of Angela and her ability to see visions. I would really love to read this book. Nice review.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

This sounds like an intriguing story. The surge seems to have done a fine job of developing the characters in this engrossing tale. I will like to know more about Angela. I will add the book to my TBR list. Well done.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”