Review of McDowell

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Review of McDowell

Post by Kelly Peter »

[Following is a volunteer review of "McDowell" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The story of Dr. Hiram McDowell is told in William H. Coles's fictional work, McDowell. In exchange for Michael O'Leary's support in helping him win the presidency of the International College of Surgeons Board of Regents, Dr. Hiram McDowell promised to appoint Michael O'Leary the next executive director of the College. Michael O'Leary supported Dr. Hiram to take the helm as board president, but he did not receive the new executive director appointment that Dr. McDowell had promised. Dr. McDowell had let him down, and Michael O'Leary promised revenge. According to Michael O'Leary's testimony before the International College of Surgeons Ethics Committee, Dr. Hiram McDowell was accused of scientific misconduct in the laboratory and improper management of charitable donations. Additionally, he was also charged with his grandson's murder. Is Dr. Hiram McDowell accountable for every accusation made against him? Did he kill his grandson? Get a copy of this novel to learn more.

Because of the amount of suspense, I enjoyed reading the second half of this book more than the first. I found it fascinating to read about how Dr. Hiram McDowell was able to move from one city to another without being apprehended by the authorities, demonstrating that he is familiar with urban areas. After finishing this book, I became more aware of the need for explanations for everything people do in life.

I appreciate how warmly Maud and her household welcomed Dr. Hiram McDowell into their home. This book was enjoyable to read, and the characters were well-written. William H. Coles's writing style and creative abilities are also things I appreciate. The novel covers suspense, romance, and adventure. The trip Sophie and Billie took to Tatopani was fun, and it marked a turning point in Billie's life.

While reading this novel, I initially felt the first half of the story to be boring, but as I continued to the second part of the story, the narrative captured my interest, and I found it difficult to put the book down. Despite this, I enjoyed reading McDowell by Willian H. Coles because it was fascinating and entertaining. While reading this novel, I noticed a typographical error, but I believe it has been professionally edited. As a result, I will give this novel a rating of five out of five stars.

Because it has explicit sexual content and foul language, I will recommend this novel to mature readers. Fans of romance and adventure novels will also benefit from my recommendation of this novel.

McDowell
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Nicholas Bush
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholas-bush.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nicholas Bush »

Nice review I enjoyed every part of this book when I read it. I must commend the author for such wonderful job. Kudos to you first this wonderful piece.
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html

Post by Max Tiffany »

It will be a delight to read this novel, someone desperate for revenge can go to any length. It will be nice to know if the allegations were false.
Sarah Kate Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-kate-smith.html
Latest Review: Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S.Lee

Post by Sarah Kate Smith »

McDowell seems to be a book about the competition between surgeons and doctors, as Dr. Hiram needed to do anything to be at the top, as he needed support from Michael O'Leary for him to be the president of the International College of Surgeons Board of Regents and in return, appoint O'Leary as the next executive director of the college.
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

McDowell seem like an interesting piece of novel to read. I’ve read a lot of reviews on it, and I’m presently reading it. I’ll love to know of he really committed murder.
Ogidor Chinasa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogidor-chinasa.html

Post by Ogidor Chinasa »

I felt sad after going through this review. Though the story is quite interesting as it relates to McDowell's case, I look forward to reading this book. Great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”