Review of The Magician's Secret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ogidor Chinasa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogidor-chinasa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review of The Magician's Secret

Post by Ogidor Chinasa »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Magician's Secret" by Charles Townsend.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Magician's Secret is a captivating and exhilarating story that transports readers to the enigmatic world of magic. The book, written by Charles Townsend, tells the tale of Delvin, a young magician who was nearly hung for killing his instructor and friend Borlock, who was fatally stabbed in the back by an unknown person wearing all black. Everyone in the village, including his friends, falsely accused him because they believed Borlock was dead. Fortunately, he was spared because Borlock was able to convince everyone of his innocence. Sadly, Borlock passed away, leaving Delvin to take over as the village's new traveling magician. Delvin received his inheritance from Borlock, which included the magical stone and his magic skills.

Delvin left the village to live in Hengel in order to pursue his dream of becoming a well-known magician. He used all the magical skills he had learned from his mentor to start his own business, which he used to make charms, love potions and fortunes for customers. Delvin's magical journey gained excitement as he collaborated with princess Jarla and Fionella to unravel the mystery of the magician's secret and thwart the black magician and the guide of magicians from carrying out their sinister schemes in order to bring about peace and harmony between Hengel and Argent. What might have caused Borlock's passing? Who may be the mysterious black figure that killed Borlock? Get a copy of the book and read the next chapters to learn more.

My interest is piqued and maintained by the author's writing from the first page onward. This novel should be made into a movie, in my opinion, because it keeps the reader picturing what each action sequence would be like. Every moment had me on the verge of my seat, wondering what would happen next. The characters in the book are well-developed and memorable, especially Delvin, who is a relatable and likable protagonist and whose determination to unravel the mystery of the magical stone, establish his innocence, and bring about peace between Hengel and Argent makes him a hero worth rooting for.

After reading this book, I found nothing to complain about; in fact, I rather enjoyed it. Although, the Duke and Princess Jarla did not appropriately reward Delvin's good efforts at the end of the novel, it did not stop me from enjoying the book. I was unable to get up from my seat as I continued to turn the pages of the book because the author maintained each plot and tension in the novel in such an intriguing way. The fact that "The Magician's Secret" is the book of the day is what I find most astounding. Even so, I found few errors in the book. As a result, I will give this book a professional editing score of 5 out of 5 stars.

This book was enjoyable to read, and I would heartily recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good adventure story. It's a charming and interesting novel that will amaze and amuse you.

The Magician's Secret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
ELI MESHACK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eli-meshack.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by ELI MESHACK »

I've read this novel and it was an interesting one. But I didn't like the fact that Delvin was not properly honoured at the end of the book. He should have at least been rewarded for his bravery.
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

From your review, the book sounds interesting. Delvin desired to increase his knowledge and made a lot of impact in his village. Nice review!
Friederic Schröder
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-friederic-schr-der.html
Latest Review: Tangled Branches by William Bailey

Post by Friederic Schröder »

Being accused of murder is a serious offense. I wonder who truly killed his instructor. I would love to know more about Delvin's story as a magician.
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Kelly Peter »

The plot of this book piqued my interest and you gave it a wonderful review I look forward to reading this book. Good review.
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Catalina Isabel »

Thanks so much for a great review! It makes me want to read more, and find out about Delvin's magic, about who killed Borlock, and so much more. I love that it kept you wanting to read more the whole way through! This is a definite must for a good fiction novel I think 😊
Nabin Nepali
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nabin Nepali »

Love it
Kenny Geneva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenny-geneva.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Kenny Geneva »

This is a wonderful read I must say. I must commend the effort of the author for such a wonderful piece. Nice review.
Blackstenius
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackstenius.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Blackstenius »

I was also disappointed that Delvin wasn't rewarded for his role in restoring order between the two states. I even expected him and Jarla to have a fling😁. But we don't know, perhaps that arc might be explored in the books that will follow in the series. Thanks for the nicely written review.
The gift turned out to be a curse. They killed him with kindness.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”