Review of WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Francis Ignacio
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimaobi-ignatius-egenti.html
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker

Review of WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings

Post by Francis Ignacio »

[Following is a volunteer review of "WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L Junior.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Watchdogs: Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L. Junior is an apocalyptic sci-fi novel that talks about the end of the world as we know it. Dr. Drake Nathan just created a cybernetic chip that can regulate blood pressure, cure cancer, and treat other terminal diseases. This giant technological stride creates an avenue for more technological advancements. This was called the technological age.

Suddenly, many deaths were occurring due to some failed inventions. There was so much loss of life that the population of people reduced drastically. Here, the apocalyptic stage had set in. There was a need to relocate Earth’s survivors to another planet where they could live. But many people could not survive the toxic air and also died. The few remaining divided themselves into five nations and continued life as they could. This was until the rise of "abnormals," people who were born with supernatural abilities. The normal people began to hunt them down and kill them. Kaarina and Monty are abnormals trying to escape to Xenora, where they can be safe. Will they make it?

There were many positives in this book. The author wrote a good story about the end of the world. It was awe-inspiring and mystery-filled. The plot was well-developed, and the storyline was complete. We saw two young kids trying to get to a safe place while facing so many challenges on the way. There was a lesson in bravery to be learned from Kaarina. She stood up to all the obstacles in their way with a clear head and uncanny strength. The narrative style the author chose at the beginning of the book made the reader able to understand all the past events that led to the current scene. The book also had elements of suspense.

The things I disliked about this book were the editing errors that I found in it. There were missing commas, incorrect spacing, and errors in the characters’ names. Sometimes, I couldn’t tell who was speaking at what moment. This interfered with my reading and my overall enjoyment of the book.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. I deducted one star because of the editing errors I found while reading. I recommend this book to people who enjoy books about the end of the world. I also recommend it to lovers of sci-fi, thrillers, and mystery books. Because of the explicit scenes and the use of severe profanity, I recommend it to mature readers.

WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker
Conrad Writes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-conrad-writes.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Conrad Writes »

The abnormals have to endure a lot to survive and I hope they are successfully able to defeat the hunters. The supernatural abilities they possess should be considered as gift. A very honest review.
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Reader_noc »

First there was the technological age where the many positive benefits of technology was witnessed. Then, the Apocalyptic age where the negative consequences began to play out. I liked the build up.
Zunaira Noor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zunaira-noor.html
Latest Review: The First Time Father by Thomas Alfie

Post by Zunaira Noor »

I wonder for how long this novel will remain a fiction in today's world of evolving technology everyday...
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

This is an interesting story that depicts the fight for survival in a lost world where some people with different DNA in their systems are hunted and slaughtered. Thank you for the captivating review.
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

I am just seeing a review on this book for the first time. And from what I read I can only say that this is a fascinating book to read. Thanks for the nice reveiw.
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

The book's focus on creative problem-solving is a great lesson that can be applied to many different areas of life. Your review has piqued my curiosity about the book, and I'll be adding it to my reading list.
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

Is Nathan's inventions unsuccessful? Are they causing more harm than good? I am looking forward to reading this book. It has an amazing plot. Thanks for an interesting review.
Selmuq Voruma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-selmuq-voruma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Selmuq Voruma »

Stories like this serve as moral compass. They help to remind us of the numerous downsides of technology, thus instigating humanity to strike a balance in developing new ideas and objects.
Kizito Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kizito-shelby.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Kizito Shelby »

Sci-fi novels like this are always the best to keep someone hooked in each page and chapter. The author really did justice to this book and I loved it.
Omobolanle Shittu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-shittu.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Omobolanle Shittu »

Near apocalypse as a result of scientific inventions which made earth unbearable is thrilling to imagine. I'd like to know why the survivors didn't get consumed during the crisis. Well done reviewer.
Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-egenti-ignatius-chimaobi.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi »

I wonder how the world will come to an end. This earth as we all know and love it may one day cease to exist. This book is also apocalyptic in nature and this shows that the author is trying to find answers to those questions.
Goodness Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-azuka.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Goodness Azuka »

Supernatural abilities should be seen as special gifts and those that possess them should be treated with specialty. I guess it depends on the use of the abilities and I wonder what happened in the book afterall. Nice review
3mperor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-3mperor.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by 3mperor »

I like science fiction book and the theme of this book is going to be interesting to read. Nice work with your review, I’m gonna get my copy.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

I'm really interested in learning about these abnormals. From your review, this book sounds interesting. Beautiful review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”