Review of Man Mission

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Man Mission

Post by Reader_noc »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

For fifteen years, four guys who have known each other since college would take time away from their busy schedules and well-known corporate jobs to travel the world, eat fine food, and partake in male pursuits. Eytan, Daniel, Alec, and Sam have turned it into a tradition to go on this trip once a year. Eytan and Sam started this tradition with their travels, with a trip to New Zealand. It had ended horribly, but from there, it could only get better as Daniel and Sam join in on the next adventure. They explore different exotic travel destinations and engage in fun activities like kayaking and mountain climbing.

In Man Mission: Four Men, Fifteen Years, One Epic Journey by Eytan Uliel, the humorous adventures, married life, parenthood, growth, and friendship of these four men are encapsulated while they struggle to overcome their individual troubles and challenges. Eytan captures it all for us in this exciting work of nonfiction.

I enjoyed the friendship and connection between the friends. Regardless of how busy they got in their respective lives and the demanding nature of their prestigious jobs, they still made time to go on the trip every year. It shows a lot of dedication and commitment to the relationship they share. More than anything, I believed the story was meant to capture the essence of friendship. I was inspired to explore the world after reading about their adventures in exotic locales like Thailand and Iceland. I wanted to do this to experience other people's cultures and make memories with the people I care about. The book also talks about relatable societal issues. It covers parenthood, especially fatherhood, career issues, marriage, and marital problems. One underlying solution to most of these issues is expression. Expressing the way we feel in a healthy way and paying attention to what others want to tell us solves the majority of our issues. I enjoyed some of the hilarious moments the friends had in the book, especially their drunk episode in Kava.

I was unable to find any errors in the book. To me, it is exceptionally well edited. The book made me dispel the illusion I had about wealthy people having no worries and feeling fulfilled. Despite his success, Eytan still felt miserable and lonely about the consequences of his decisions.

Each chapter starts out with the men in the middle of an adventure, then the author goes back to events that happened a few months earlier before bringing readers back to the present. In this way, readers are kept abreast of the past while enjoying the character's present experiences. The author also included maps at the start of each chapter. This was helpful in tracing their journey.

I loved reading about the male characters because it was a window to finally understand what goes on in a man's head, how he would react in different situations, and his relationship with his male pals. There is nothing I disliked about Man Mission: Four Men, Fifteen Years, One Epic Journey. It is a very entertaining, adventurous, and enjoyable read.

For this reason, I give it a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to readers who enjoy adventurous stories about traveling to different places. I also find this book appealing to adult male readers who may find adult life challenging.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Treasure Elendu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-treasure-elendu.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Treasure Elendu »

I wish to have this experience with my girls one day. Travel the world together,explore different foods and games, and learn about other people's traditions. I bond between these four guys should really be admired because men hardly build this kind of bond with each other. Thanks for the review.
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

I also appreciated the way the author structured the book, with each part focusing on a different period in the characters' lives. It made it easy to follow the timeline of events and see how the characters evolved over time.
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Francis Ignacio
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimaobi-ignatius-egenti.html
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker

Post by Francis Ignacio »

The bond shared between these four men is a testament that men can be it touch with their feelings too. Which is derivative from the usual stereotype that men do not communicate their feelings.
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

This book is fascinating in as much as I had a hard time reading it due to the format of the book. I was still able to grab some life lessons. It focuses on my gender which made it very unique for me. Thanks for the review.
Olivia Reads
Currently Reading: Terms of Service
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivia-reads.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Olivia Reads »

I would love to preserve a friendship tradition like Eytan, Alec, Sam, and Daniel did. I would love to take trips with my friends, relieve stress, visit beautiful sights and create memories.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

"Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel is an interesting book with precepts on how to maintain bromance. I enjoyed every part of this book. Thanks for the review.
Goodness Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-azuka.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Goodness Azuka »

I admire the kind of friendship Eytan, Alec, Sam, and Daniel had. I would love to take trips and create lots of memories with my friends too. Nice review.
Favour Alade Boluwatife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riam333.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Favour Alade Boluwatife »

This book is very educative and it's fun to read. I enjoyed how the narrator visited different tourist places. And I love the bond between him and his friends, especially Sam.
Anaïs Quesson
Favorite Book: The Song of Achilles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-s-quesson.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Anaïs Quesson »

I just started to read this book yesterday and so far I really love it. Uliel's writing is inspiring and I love the relationships between all the characters. Thank you for this great review!
Anaïs - she/her

"No nightingales. You idiot. We could have been... us."
Kyle Sutheran
Favorite Author: Elizabeth Moore Kraus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 186
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyle-sutheran.html
Latest Review: The House on Tyner by Matthew O’Connell
fav_author_id: 258142
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 270%

Post by Kyle Sutheran »

I love the relationship between all of the four friends. I think that the theme that men have mental health problems is rewarding. I am glad that the author has raised this theme because quite often it does go unnoticed. Thank you for your review.
K. Sutheran :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”