Review of Timewise

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jakub Bystrowski
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jakub-bystrowski.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Timewise

Post by Jakub Bystrowski »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

How far can the study of physics take a man? Is it possible to time travel with machines? Timewise by Robert Leet is a book that combines science with mystery, action, and drama. The book focuses on Ron Larsen, an orphan with a troubled childhood. He lacked the constant care and love of actual parents. He was never settled, as he was moved to different foster homes.

When he was fourteen, he met Regina Russo, a female physics professor. She instantly becomes a role model for Ron. She holds a special place in his heart because she’s the first person he connects with. Due to his chess escapades, she decides to train him through school. After graduating, he gets a job and gets married. Regina has an idea that might change humanity forever. She gets Ron involved, but he discovers that her plan is illegal. What does Ron do? Does he help her? To find out, grab a copy.

The author creates characters that think outside the box. They all want to make an impact in this world. They think of creative ways to make the world a better place. The scientific aspect of the book was very entertaining. I like how the author explained the scientific terms; this enabled readers who were not familiar with the scientific concepts to understand them better.

As humans, our surroundings make up a large part of our identity. Ron was shaped by the different people he met throughout his life. The different experiences he shared with them made him the man he is. We should be very picky about who we associate with. They can either be your downfall or make you progress. The book teaches many things, like physics, the study of plants, the stock market, and chess. I enjoyed reading about different aspects of life; it made it entertaining to read.

I found some flaws in the book. Most of the female characters in the book were used as fillers. Ron had no connection with them. I feel they were used to pass time and make the book longer. I didn’t like how the book ended, and I feel there should be more. I hope there is a sequel. For these reasons, I happily give this book a rating of 4 out of 5 stars. I found no errors in the book, which indicates that it was well-edited. I recommend this book to scholars and physicists. I also recommend it to those who enjoy sci-fi novels.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mmesoma Dieli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spencer-baker.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Mmesoma Dieli »

While the review was direct and straight to the point, I didn't enjoy reading it. I feel there's an element of thinking can get you. Well written regardless.
gray ronnie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gray-ronnie.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by gray ronnie »

The negative aspects of the book are outlined properly. This shows readers that the book is not perfect but the imperfections make it better. I can't wait to read this book.
OTrain Disene
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flight Quack
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otrain-disene.html
Latest Review: Mysteries by Graham Wilson

Post by OTrain Disene »

Thank you for sharing this well detailed review. I have read the book, but I wasn't that sold to it. But it is always refreshing to hear other different opinions like yours.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”