Review of Burn Zones

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Katherine Barnabas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-barnabas.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Review of Burn Zones

Post by Katherine Barnabas »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

My initial reaction to Jorge P. Newbery's book Burn Zones: Playing Life's Bad Hands was that it wasn't realistic because few 7-year-olds think about making money at that young age. Even 13-year-olds don't behave that way because their parents often give them practically everything they require. I would have better understood his drive for wealth at such a tender age if he had been cared for in foster homes. But I talked to myself about my thoughts. That I didn't think that way when I was seven does not imply that other people did not think that way. Newbery is one of those individuals who would stand out wherever they found themselves. At such a young age, I am in awe of your bravery. You considered profit margins, while most of us worried about tiny, unimportant things. You were earning a great deal while we were bothered to make preparations for class performances.

Jorge, the protagonist of this nonfiction novel, is an intelligent entrepreneur of mixed ethnicity. His mother was a white actress, and his father was a Hispanic architect. At the young age of seven, he starts delivering newspapers for a newspaper production company. He leaves school at 16 to launch a business and gain practical business experience. He started a successful record label and later took up cycling. Before he started his record label, he had to use his bike for work, so he already knew how to ride. He finally finds his most successful and fulfilling project when he decides to give real estate a shot. By rehabilitating destroyed properties, he obtains investments and generates millions of dollars in income. Do you want to discover his steps to acquiring such wealth? Would you like to take your financial game to the next level? If you answered yes to any of the questions, then your next step should be to buy this book.

This book's conversational style is one of its greatest strengths. The story of Newbery can immediately engross readers. The author notes in the introduction that the book's opening chapters confront the reader with enormous obstacles while promising they can succeed even under the most trying circumstances. He turned his weaknesses into strengths. He enumerated his perceived flaws, including a tendency to trust others too readily. When it came time to list his potential, he included the characteristics he believed to be his weaknesses. It helped me realize that most flaws we perceive aren't flaws. It also taught me that just because you trusted someone who misrepresented themselves or turned out to be a scammer doesn't mean you were foolish for doing so. It says a lot more about their character. I am awed by your bravery. You focused your thoughts on improving yourself while you were in dire situations. You showed ways to turn any drawback into an opportunity.

There was nothing about this book that I could bring myself to dislike. The author was open and honest about how he dealt with life's choices and how he handled them. I admire the way you have a heart for others. The purest expression of love is when you try to save your friends who are drowning when you're also in a critical situation. Based on the qualities of this book mentioned, I give Burn Zones: Playing Life's Bad Hands a rating of five out of five stars. Your work is truly a piece of art.

Burn Zones: Playing Life's Bad Hands by Jorge P. Newbery is an excellently written book that is an absolute pleasure to read. Absolutely nothing about the book bothered me. Even though it is nonfiction, this story would appeal to even those not fans of the genre. It would be an excellent choice for anyone looking for inspiring tales to motivate them to work hard and passionately toward their goals. Because I found no errors while reading it, it was exceptionally well-edited. I suggest this book to those who rely on motivation to achieve their goals. This book will give you a lot of inspiration. Burn Zones: Playing Life's Bad Hands is a book you'll enjoy if you like reading nonfiction. I also advise anyone struggling to find the drive to do better for themselves to read this book; if Jorge P. Newbery could do it, you can.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

The believe that Jorge was intelligent and he impacted the society positively. The review highlights the positive aspects and the negatives too and I know anyone would know what to expect on purchasing this book.
Gemmachi Jane
Currently Reading: Terms of service
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gemmachi-jane.html
Latest Review: Clifford's War by J Denison Reed

Post by Gemmachi Jane »

It's quite exceptional to note that a book with this theme is available. This is worthy of note, especially in times of financial illiteracy. It would surely be worth even more, to the readers.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

Your description of this book will make anyone that hasn’t read it interested. You did a good job with this review and I would encourage everyone who hasn’t read this yet to do so as there are a lot to be learnt from this.
Seun Ukanwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seun-ukanwa.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Seun Ukanwa »

This is an excellently written review and l am glad you gave this book a rating of five out of five stars. A lot of life lessons to be learned in this book. The unending burn zones of Jorge .P. Newbery beats my imagination.
Eliah king
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliah-king.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Eliah king »

My dear recently I don’t even trust anyone talk less of given room for scams or betrayal. But sometimes we just have to take the risk of trust .
Nice review though
Soma Ezenwanne
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

It is really a food of thought how a young individual would be so money driven and I feel that such start in life could have a negative impact of not controlled by self discipline.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

The book provides a great example of how to turn setbacks into opportunities. The author's success in multiple areas of life is truly impressive. I appreciated the author's willingness to share his failures as well as his successes.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”