Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eliah king
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliah-king.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Eliah king »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The journey of motherhood has been a topic of discussion for many years, and numerous articles have been written about its challenges. However, Tina Drefflin's memoir, Bluewater Walkabout; Into Africa, provides a unique perspective on the experience, one that is captivating and informative.

The book delves into the difficulties of living a life that is different from the norm. Tina's early adulthood was marked by trauma, and her journey to Africa was an attempt to escape it. The author narrates her experiences in vivid detail, providing readers with both the positive and negative aspects of her adventure.

One of the most impressive aspects of the book I like so much is the author's ability to paint a clear picture of the story. The tales of adventure are entertaining, and the book offers valuable information on sailing in different geographical areas. For readers interested in history, the book offers fascinating insights into the past.

Despite its many strengths, there are a few distracting elements in the book which I don't like. Flashback scenes interrupt the flow of the narrative, and the ending is unsatisfying, leaving several questions unanswered. These flaws could detract from the overall enjoyment of the book for some readers.

In terms of writing, the book is professionally well-edited, with only minor typographical errors and some profanity and sexual content. Tina Drefflin's writing skills are top-notch, and she delivers her thoughts with clarity and precision. I am giving Bluewater Walkabout; Into Africa, by Tina Drefflin, a top rating of 5 out of 5 stars. I enjoyed reading this book despite the negative aspects shortlisted above. I recommend Bluewater Walkabout; Into Africa to readers who enjoy adventurous stories, geography, and history. The book is well worth the read, and its strengths far outweigh its weaknesses.

In conclusion, I rated Bluewater Walkabout; Into Africa, by Tina Drefflin, a five-star rating because I didn't find any worthy reason to deduct a star from the article. It is quality content. The book is captivating, informative, and well-written. Making it an excellent choice for anyone looking for a unique perspective on the challenges of life. The story is very entertaining as the writer gives descriptions of the ports they visited. The life of Tina and her husband is a thrilling one, credit to the writer who used a colorful narrative to paint a detailed picture of the story. With the above points of mine, I think it is enough reason why Bluewater Walkabout; Into Africa, should have a five-star rating.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

The themes of healing and confronting one's past are incredibly important and relevant to many readers. I appreciate how the book explores these topics in a thoughtful and compassionate way. The reviewer's enthusiasm for the book is infectious. I can't wait to read it for myself and experience the author's journey firsthand.
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Ukaegbu Confidence
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

Excellent job on your exceptionally detailed review. Anyone who reads your review can easily tell if they'll like to venture into reading this book or not.
Seun Ukanwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seun-ukanwa.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Seun Ukanwa »

Bluewater Walkabout is a book full of so many adventures. The first-person narrative technique adopted in writing the story makes a reader feel part of the adventure.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

Adulthood has never been easy and the trauma that comes with it most times is unbelievable and I really enjoyed reading this review. Hope to read more of your reviews.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

Bluewater walkabout was an emotional one for me. Tina didn’t hold anything back as talked about the abuse and trauma she went through as young woman and how it affected her. I love that she was able to put the past behind and moved on with life.
Seun Ukanwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seun-ukanwa.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Seun Ukanwa »

Your review will trigger a great interest in the heart of anyone that reads it. The categories of persons this book is recommended for, makes it a great resource. Great review.
Soma Ezenwanne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Legend of Prism: The Pegasus Who Painted the Sky Rainbow by Brad W. Blue

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

I agree that the challenges in early adulthood is not easy for anyone and this leads to depression in most sceneries. I would like to know how Tina overcame her challenges.
Katherine Barnabas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-barnabas.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Katherine Barnabas »

This is an excellent review you have written. Thank you for sharing your insight with us, you have clearly started the things you loved and didn't love about the book which proves you read the book.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

The book's simple language and lack of religious bias make it accessible to a wide range of readers. The book's combination of entertainment and education is a winning formula.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

I like that the author used a true life story to make understand the message she wanted to convey and I think she had a lot of challenges. I enjoyed this review.
Emmanuel Cohen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-cohen.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emmanuel Cohen »

I admire how you detailed the positives and negatives of this book, it gives enough insight on what to expect while reading it. Nice job. Another lesson from this book is essence of family .
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

The writing style of the author is commendable and I believe that she did a good job in this aspect. I also like seamless switching of scenes in books.
Kim Writerfrak Walters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writerfrak.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kim Writerfrak Walters »

"The diversity and representation in this book were refreshing. It's important to see characters from different backgrounds, and the author handled it with sensitivity and authenticity."

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”