Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by Reader_noc »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Inca, a cat detective, is the head of a cat detective company called Inca & Company. They are very popular and known across England and other cities. Missy, the humanoid they own, has a big day ahead of her. She is to introduce her cheese to the world, as well as be a judge in a pâtisserie competition that would be held in South Korea. Missy, Solo, and the pets head over to South Korea, where they meet Ye-Jun and his lovely dog, Baram. Ye-Jun and Baram have been separated from his sister and her cat. The cat detectives make it their mission to reunite Ye-Jun, Baram, Ji, and her cat, Bo-mi. Would they succeed in their mission? And what wonders would they discover on their journey? Grab a copy of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi to find out more!

There are so many nice things about this book. The story was introduced with a colorful family tree showing the members of Inca & Company. Subsequently, Inca introduces herself, her family, and her friends. This creates a solid base for a proper character development. It makes it easy for children to become acquainted with all the characters. I enjoyed reading the book in the font in which it was written. It added a fun and childish appeal to the book. The diction adopted in writing the book is simple, interactive, and engaging. This makes the book fun to read, not just by yourself, but with friends as well.

Inca is a smart, confident, and inquisitive cat with a can-do attitude. She tries to remain positive even in situations that could turn deadly, just like when she went to see Bo-mi for the first time. Children could also learn the names of new places and cultures, especially the French and South Korean cultures. They could also learn about the DMZ, Freedom Bridge, and Dora Observatory just like I did. This book drives home the lesson of looking out for people we care about. Fromage and Terrance stopped Enzo from his wicked plans as a way of looking out for Missy.

The book was professionally edited and had few errors in it. However, there were few words that I considered too advanced to be used in a storybook meant for children. Those words could have been substituted for simpler ones, or a glossary should have been added at the end. Some foreign phrases were used, and the translation was not provided.

Aside from these drawbacks, I enjoyed reading the book, and I rate it 4 out of 5 stars because of this. I recommend this book to children who are animal lovers or enjoy reading detective stories.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Favour Ozone
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-ozone.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Favour Ozone »

This book is one of my favorite books. I really enjoyed the adventures written by the author in this book. Inca and her crew were amazing. Great review.
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

I enjoyed the few moral lessons you highlighted in this book. There are alot more that were written in the book. The book was colourful, straightforward and brief.
Anabel Mack
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anabel-mack.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Anabel Mack »

This is a children's detective book, I think the children will find this book. Very interesting because of all the actions and activities.
Olivia Reads
Currently Reading: Terms of Service
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivia-reads.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Olivia Reads »

Inca and her friends seems like a happy-go-lucky group out for some adventure and building quality relationships. I love your review. The book is fit for kids.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”