Review of Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Prisca olu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisca-olu.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Review of Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

Post by Prisca olu »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Anxiety and stress are almost always a part of our daily lives. Sometimes they can come from different sources, such as choosing what clothes to wear in the morning, getting stuck in traffic, or even finding a solution to a problem. Even more surprising is the fact that most people don't know they are stressed or fail to pay attention to themselves until they break down mentally or physically or it somehow affects their social life, and then they rely on drugs for a quick solution that they can eventually grow dependent on.

Imagine a book that not only tells you but also teaches you a natural, better, and healthier way to relieve anxiety and stress than just popping pills and also how to manage situations that make you anxious and stressed. Who knew that something as simple as the right breathing techniques, being well-hydrated, listening to music, and even the right food could help you relieve anxiety and stress? Why don't you read the book to find out more?

What I like most about the book Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide by Gustavo Kinrys, M.D., and Alexandra Gold, M.A., is that it includes anxiety and stress-relieving methods that can work for just about anyone, irrespective of age or lifestyle. It is an informative reference book, though it can never be a substitute for professional medical help. It aims to guide all persons in managing their negative thoughts instead of suppressing them by finding an outlet. It includes common symptoms of anxiety and stress and simple, easy, natural solutions to them, which include but are not limited to nutrient-based remedies, technology-based therapies, and cognitive behavioral therapy.

I like that the author warns against the use of the Internet for the prescription and recommendation of drugs when you are suffering from various symptoms such as insomnia or high blood pressure that could be caused by anxiety and stress instead of seeking the help of a psychiatrist or medical professional. Also, I like that tables explaining certain terms used in this book were included at the end, which helped aid my comprehension. You might enjoy this book if you decide to read it in one sitting, but try to take it one chapter at a time to better assimilate its content. This book contains many techniques that can help you relieve your anxiety and stress, as well as things that could also increase them.

I disliked that the preface and introduction were almost the same with just different sentences added toward the end. Also, I wish the author had provided a source or reference material for many of the research and studies that were said to have been conducted in this book.

But these did not hinder the joy I derived from reading this book, as it was written in simple words. Though I found a few errors, I believe this book was professionally edited, and I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend it to everyone who seeks to relieve their anxiety and stress using natural means.

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Reader_noc »

Most times, people miss the subtle signs that they are stressed and need some relief. I am happy the book gave helpful tips on how to recognise stress.
Active Chris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-active-chris.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Active Chris »

We all go through stress and anxiety during daily activities. This book offers solutions to treat these conditions. It enlightens readers on the proper actions to take to generate relief. Thanks for your review.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

This is an informative book that offers helpful insights on how one can cope with anxiety and stress. The author provides helpful topics on how one can relief this and live a life of bliss. Great job!
Jê hii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mnnn-g.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Jê hii »

Based on the reviews I've seen on this book, I can conclude it's one of the best on health care and medicine.
You have an amazing review 👏

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”