Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi is the eighth publication in the Inca Cat Detective series. It is centered on Inca and her family's adventure in Korea.

In this wonderful children's book, Missy, Inca's human mother, was invited to Korea as a judge in a cooking competition. Inca and her family followed Missy there. She intended to use the competition to display her new cheese. Enzo, a fellow judge for the cooking competition, attempted to take Missy's cheese when they arrived, but he was stopped. When Inca and her family met their tour guide and translator, Ye-Jun, they learned that he had not heard from his sister since she had left for North Korea. Inca and her furry family decided to reunite Ye-Jun and his sister. Will they be successful?

This book was quite entertaining. It was thrilling to read about the different adventures Inca and her family embarked on. I loved that this book incorporated a lot of lessons for children. It teaches them about friendship, teamwork, and family. It also exposes them to Korean cultures and traditions. Children would effortlessly understand this book as the writing style adopted by the author was easy to comprehend.

I loved the plot; you don't read books with cats acting as detectives every day. Also, the graphics it included made it easier for me to visualize what was happening, and it also made it more entertaining for children. Inca was my favorite character. She was smart. I admired how easily she led the rest of her family.

This was an engaging and short read. The plot was nicely written, and the characters were well-developed. I learned a lot of things from it. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because of its amazing storyline and lessons. There was absolutely nothing to dislike. I believe that children will greatly benefit from it. I did not encounter any errors, showing that it was amazingly well-edited. I recommend this book to children between the ages of six and twelve, as it can serve as a wonderful bedtime story.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

This is a really good book, I like that missy treated Inca like a child despite being a cat and I must commed Inca's bravery, this is a book most children will definitely love.
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Reader_noc »

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula is a very adventurous book that excites children's detective sense. It was exciting to read about Inca and her friends.
Friederic Schröder
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-friederic-schr-der.html
Latest Review: Tangled Branches by William Bailey

Post by Friederic Schröder »

Inca and the cat detective is noted to be an exciting and interesting children's novel. I would love to explore this journey the cat detectives embarked on to uncover the plots against their owner.
Kaylee Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylee-samuel.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Kaylee Samuel »

Now I want to read this book, I love detective books, and nothing tugs my heartstrings like a reunion of long-lost family members.
Conrad Writes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-conrad-writes.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Conrad Writes »

This is a really fun adventure book and it will be a great fit for children. I am a sucker for mystery books, so I will definitely be reading this as soon as I can. A nice review.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

I enjoyed how the author imbued cats with human traits in this book. This is an interesting adventure children's book. I highly recommend to children between ages of 4 to 8.
Goodness Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-azuka.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Goodness Azuka »

Judging from the book cover, this isn't a book I would even want to try. However, learning from this review that the book is educative and teaches morals gives a good point. This is a nice review.
Favour Ozone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-ozone.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Favour Ozone »

I'm not a fan of cats. I don't think I will enjoy reading this book.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

The adventures that this Siberian cat and her crew went on were quite interesting. Kids will find this book interesting and fascinating. It’s easy to read and understand.
Favour Alade Boluwatife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riam333.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Favour Alade Boluwatife »

The cover of this book first caught my attention then I took some time to read your review what I can say is that I can't wait to read this wonderful book
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula Is an fun read for kids. The beautiful illustrations, the humor and also the valuable lessons it portrays will endear the readers to this engrossing tale. Thanks for the great review.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

Inca and her furry friends really had lots of adventures in Korea. I wonder if they are able to handle all the issues and solve them amicably. I am looking forward to reading this book.
Favour Alade Boluwatife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riam333.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Favour Alade Boluwatife »

This book is amazing and educative for children. I love the fact that the author added a comic image on each page of the book which will make it an easy read for children
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

I read this book, and I agree with you that it has a lot of valuable lessons for children. I enjoyed reading your review. Thank you.
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”