Review of Adrift

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Review of Adrift

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Seattle Express passengers noticed a fire had started to spread throughout the ship, and it seemed as though the world was about to end in Charlie Sheldon's novel Adrift. The panic that gripped everyone on board was palpable, so getting into a lifeboat didn't help. It's like leaping into a firework from a fire. The angry water violently shook and spun their boat. Only prayer was left for William and the terrified passengers. Will William and the passengers survive the voyage? To find out more, get a copy.

Adrift is the title of the second book in the Strong Heart series. Shortly after William returns from a hike with his daughter, his friend, and his friend's granddaughter, the book's plot unfolds. Adrift contained a lot of things I adored. The first thing I noticed was the original story it conveyed, which I adored. Compared to what I read in the first book, this one's story was different. The author's overall strategy for composing this was likewise unique. I appreciate Charlie Sheldon's choice to write Adrift in this particular style.

This novel is incredibly serious and intriguing. You will be engrossed from the very first page of this book. I've never read a marine novel before, but I was engrossed from beginning to end. Because the author wrote so well, it came across as really genuine. The majority of sailors' experiences when they are in danger are depicted in this book with accuracy I felt awful for Captain Steve when he had to decide whether to keep defending the ship or surrender it, but since he is in charge of the lives of 10 other people, he must make the proper choice. As they were at sea, I was concerned and hoped that everyone would receive assistance. This novel has taught me that the sea can be both dangerous and lovely.

The bounty of characters was the aspect of the novel that I enjoyed the least. The majority of them were introduced all at once, which made the book difficult to read. The usage of the marine jargon, while important, was perplexing, and it became a hindrance when I had to pause reading to look up the definitions of specific words. I must congratulate the author and editor on a job well done; since no errors were found in the book, I can claim that it was exceptionally well edited.

I rate this book five out of five stars since it gave me a thorough understanding of the marine industry's basic information as well as a variety of strategies for getting beyond challenging issues. Furthermore, I recommend this book to sailors and also to lovers of suspense or adventure books.

Adrift
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

This is a sea business, it will be good for those that have interest in sea business. I enjoyed your review but I may not read the book. Good job.
Fergie Jess Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jess-edeni.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Fergie Jess Edeni »

For people with an interest in maritime commerce, this book is beneficial. I liked your review. Nice work.
Nletachi Otuokere
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nletachi-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Nobody To Me That The Road Would Be Easy by Floyd Thompkins

Post by Nletachi Otuokere »

Your review made me interested in reading this book. Your review is outstanding.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

Your recommendation for lovers of romance, science fiction, and crime fiction has definitely caught my attention as those are some of my favorite genres.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

Your review made me feel like I was learning about African history and culture firsthand. It's wonderful that the book offers such knowledge. Great review
Nletachi Otuokere
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nletachi-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Nobody To Me That The Road Would Be Easy by Floyd Thompkins

Post by Nletachi Otuokere »

This book is amazing. Your review made it easy for me to comprehend. Great job.
Ogidor Chinasa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogidor-chinasa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ogidor Chinasa »

Adrift by Charlie Sheldon is a well-written and thrilling marine novel that kept me engaged from beginning to end. I appreciated the accuracy with which the author depicted the sailors' experiences and the danger and beauty of the sea. Great review here. Welldone.
Christabel Ify Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-ify-benson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Christabel Ify Benson »

Your description of the panic and fear on the ship during the fire made me feel like i was right there with the passengers. you captured the essence of the book and made it sound exciting and intriguing. Great review.
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

This novel is incredibly serious and intriguing. You will be engrossed from the very first page of this book. You did a great job in your review. Well done.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

OMG. This book has an intense and epic plot. I am looking forward to reading this book immediately and i can't wait to get started. Thanks for the invite through your review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”