Review of Nightlord: Sunset

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of Nightlord: Sunset

Post by Neto Chukwu »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

When Eric's ex-girlfriend Terri unexpectedly ended their relationship, he was in disbelief. His friends took him out of the house to a bar to lift his spirits. Eric awakens to find his actual bedroom gone and a strange bedroom in its stead. As he awoke, he found himself at the expensive home of Sasha, an affluent widow. After spending time together, Eric got to know her more and finally fell in love with her. Eric had no idea how his encounter with Sasha would change his life forever. Eric traveled to another timeline to find the person responsible for Sasha's death. When he finally enters this new dimension, what will he find? Are Eric's efforts going to pay off?

Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited is a fantastic tale with delightful prose. It's written like a journal, so we can accompany Eric on a candid, intimate journey as he stumbles through this new world. Because our hero is quite clear about the job and responsibility of a Nightlord as one who murders only the outcasts of society and those who choose to die, Nightlord: Sunset gives readers a fresh perspective on the tragic, tortured vampire character. Eric's primary objective in a world beyond anything he could have imagined is to regain his footing and survive. He'll meet gods, amass wealth, and acquire knowledge beyond his wildest imaginings.

This is a novel that I loved reading. You know you're reading a great book when you feel like you're in the book and part of the story. Throughout the book, Garon's captivating story kept me on the edge of my seat. His plot is flawless, and he leaves no room for confusion. Character growth is superb, and I found myself caring deeply about several of the main protagonists. The main character, Eric, goes through both comical and tragic moments as he tries to balance being a vampire with having morality. Because of circumstances outside his control, he is frequently forced to devise solutions to problems. Sometimes at the expense of his very being. The friendships Eric develops along the way are a great source of strength for him. While his world seems to collapse, he can rely on them to be there.

I struggled mightily to come up with a criticism of this book. The only drawback I can think of is the length; I finally had to put it down and go to sleep to get some sleep before going to work in the morning. Usually, I can finish a book in one sitting, but this one took me about a week. And I enjoyed myself thoroughly throughout. The length was the only real drawback I could see; by the end, I had virtually forgotten about some of the people who had first arrived at the beginning. Several paragraphs had to pass before my memory returned and I could resume reading. Yet, there was never a dull moment in the narrative. Every experience was brand new and just as thrilling as the last.

Nightlord: Sunset received a rating of five out of five stars from me. I gave it this grade because, as a reader, the book's attention to detail made me feel more invested in the story than in most others. Also, this book was exceptionally well edited, as I encountered no errors while reading it. It would be best for an older crowd to read this. Not because of any explicit sexual content or foul language but because the ideas presented are somewhat challenging to grasp.

Nightlord: Sunset
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ukaegbu Confidence
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

This is going to be one interesting book. I can't wait to read this book. Perfect review! I am a sucker for vampire novels. I always marvel at the creativity of authors.
Ukaegbu Confidence
Currently Reading:

The fact that there able to come up with such ideas from things that never existed makes me all the more entranced by their capabilities. Shout out to every fantasy writer.
Ukaegbu Confidence
Currently Reading:

People that write memoirs and fictive books have some reference points to refer to when they're stuck but these fantasy writers depend solely on the power of their imagination.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Stars in Our Hearts by Kylie Welch

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

Sometimes bad things happens to people to open a greater door for them. Eric lost Terri not knowing that Sasha will be a new beginning. I love the storyline and it would obviously be interesting.
Martin Kalu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martin-kalu.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Martin Kalu »

I am intrigued already to read this novel. Seems like Eric is a time traveler , which makes it all fun. Nice review ,i guess it is a tip of an iceberg to what is in the book when i get to read.
Emmanuel Cohen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-cohen.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emmanuel Cohen »

What an interesting review to read, it is just fascinating how Garon whited developed such a piece, I wonder how Eric confronts the situation he is faced with, I will add this book to my WANT TO READ.
Seun Ukanwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seun-ukanwa.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Seun Ukanwa »

It is the fusion of suspense, fantasy, and horror for me. Readers will be in suspense until the very end, thanks to the novel's abundance of surprises and twists.
koffi Malay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koffi-malay.html
Latest Review: Mryyh for Mafia Men by C.R. Fulton

Post by koffi Malay »

The book's use of flashbacks to explore Eric's past is effective and adds to the character's depth.
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

The reviewer's mention of the book's continuity problems is helpful. It lets potential readers know that there may be some inconsistencies in the story that could impact their enjoyment of the book.
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Katherine Barnabas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-barnabas.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Katherine Barnabas »

The power of the mind. Who was the first person to write about paranormal? Did he see something that prompted his writings or he solely assumed every detail ?
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

Breaking up with may be the new beginning that Eric may always have prayed for. I also like that Sasha was a good to him and that it seemed that things would work out well.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

I like that the author made sure that the plot was not confusing and the character growth was also perfect. There is nothing better than reading a book that its flow is gradual.
Soma Ezenwanne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Legend of Prism: The Pegasus Who Painted the Sky Rainbow by Brad W. Blue

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

I wonder why Terri ended her relationship with her boyfriend Eric.🤔 The book sounds interesting and I will try and read the book to know what happened between Terri and Eric, and what caused Sasha's death.
Okocha Victor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okocha-victor.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Okocha Victor »

Your review was flawlessly written and very impressive. I appreciate your honesty in writing this piece. I can't wait to read this book. Excellent job. I admire your work.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”