Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emmanuel Okotie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-okotie.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Emmanuel Okotie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer is a wonderful novel that centers on terrorism and its detrimental effect on the world at large. The book begins with the narration of the newlywed couple (Kelly and Tom Turbolo) that traveled to an island resort in Honduras for their honeymoon. However, their honeymoon did not go as planned due to their recent discovery of a plot against the United States by some terrorist groups.

The discovery started when Kelly went out touring on a fateful day and stumbled on a pigsty shop. The pigsty shop was an undercover operation site for a group of terrorists. Kelly went into the shop to see what she could find. While at it, she was attacked but was able to make it out alive. She immediately informs her husband, Tom Turbolo (who is a police sergeant), and her elder brother, Michael McBride (who is a senator in the United States). Senator McBride sent the head of his security team and two other trained bodyguards to protect the couple and also investigate the situation. Who are these terrorists? Did they succeed in their plot against the United States? Did the couple come out of the situation unscathed? Read this book to find out.

I enjoyed reading this crime thriller novel. It was action-packed. I did not expect to be so glued to the book the way I was. It was gripping and filled with suspense. There are some features I like about this book. One such thing is the author's style of writing. It was concise and straightforward. I could easily relate to it. There were no unnecessary interruptions in the book. The plot was skillfully developed. Another feature I admire about this book is its character development. Each character was carefully developed with adequate detail. I could easily imagine each character in my head while reading. Another interesting feature of this book is that it is fast-paced. This made it fun. There was not a dull moment while reading this book. I must commend the author for such an amazing piece.

E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer was a great read. I am still fascinated by it. I would like to state that there is nothing I dislike about this book. It was worth my time.

I would gladly rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. This is because of the interesting plot and wonderful character development. I did not notice any typographical or grammatical errors while reading this book. It was professionally edited.

I recommend this book to fans of crime thriller novels. I also recommend this book to lovers of romance books. I do not recommend this book to children because of the sexual content.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Emeka Anderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-anderson.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emeka Anderson »

Dorothy May Mercer has truly created a one-of-a-kind honeymoon experience with Emp Honeymoon.
Osakwe Favour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-favour.html
Latest Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by Osakwe Favour »

E M P Honeymoon is a rollercoaster of emotions and action. It offers a fresh perspective on the apocalyptic genre. The authors' research on EMPs was evident, making the story feel authentic
Chioma Oz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chioma-oz.html
Latest Review: Flowers of Evil by N.L. Holmes

Post by Chioma Oz »

The author's concise and relatable writing style, combined with a well-structured plot and thorough character development, made it a vivid and fast-paced read. It's a commendable piece of work.
David Samanthaa
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-samanthaa.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by David Samanthaa »

The unique premise of EMP Honeymoon, where newlyweds face an unexpected crisis, kept me on the edge of my seat. The blend of love and danger is truly compelling.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”