Review of Catnip of Life

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Review of Catnip of Life

Post by Only Joeseph »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Catnip of Life" by Sharla Lee.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Sharla Lee's Catnip of Life is a poetic masterpiece that captures the beauty of nature in lyrical verse. Through her words, Lee paints vivid pictures of the natural world and imbues each poem with a sense of wonder and awe. The collection is organized thematically, with each poem dedicated to a particular aspect of the natural world and the beauty it holds. But Lee's work isn't just an ode to nature; it's also a reflection on life as a whole, looking at the human experience through the lens of nature.

What sets this collection of poetry and verse apart is its interactive quality. This helps readers engage with the poetry on a deeper level to explore their own connections to nature and the themes explored in the book. This book is a beautiful celebration of Mother Nature that I find truly captivating. The poetry flows with a gentle ease that moves easily from one season or topic to the next, taking the reader on a thought-provoking journey.

The author has an amazing way of writing that captures the essence of natural scenery and gives it a nice, meditative feel. The way the author weaves together words is a true art form that evokes a deep sense of peace and tranquility. Each verse paints a picture of the natural world that is both vivid and immersive, transporting readers to a world of pure wonder and beauty. As I read through the pages, I find myself lost in thought, lost in the moment, and fully immersed in the peace of the natural world.

As I delved deeper into the pages of this book, I was struck by the author's profound understanding of the complex range of human emotions and thoughts. Every line of poetry was carefully crafted to communicate something much deeper than mere rhyme or stanza, leaving me with a sense of wonder and contemplation that lingered long after I had finished reading.

The questions scattered throughout the book further enhanced this sense of introspection, encouraging me to reflect on my own experiences and perceptions of the world around me. This interactive aspect of the book made it more than just a mere reading experience. It brought my thoughts and emotions to life and inspired me to seek out the beauty in life's everyday moments.

Choosing a favorite poem from this collection is a near-impossible task, as each one is a masterpiece in its own right. Catnip of Life is the kind of book that you can turn to on both calm and troubled days alike, offering solace and comfort with its beautiful words. For anyone who appreciates the power of poetry, this book is a must-read, and I wholeheartedly recommend it. With its lyrical beauty and thought-provoking insights, Catnip of Life is a true gift to lovers of poetry and nature alike.

The editing of the book was impeccable, with no errors to detract from the reading experience. Overall, I would rate this book a perfect 5 out of 5 stars, as there was nothing about it that I disliked. It is a true gem in the world of poetry, and I feel privileged to have experienced it.

Catnip of Life
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

Wow, what a beautifully written review of Sharla Lee's Catnip of Life. You have a true talent for words yourself! I appreciate your detailed analysis of the book and how you have conveyed the feelings and emotions that the author has captured so well. The way you describe the interactive quality of the collection is intriguing, and I love the idea of using poetry to encourage introspection and reflection.
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Gavice Victoria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

You recognize the difficulty in choosing a favorite poem, as they are all so beautiful in their own way. Your recommendation for lovers of poetry is well received, and I think many readers would benefit from this book's soothing and reflective nature.
Eliah king
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliah-king.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Eliah king »

The reviewer's comments were a valuable contribution to the article. Their careful attention to detail and clear explanations of their critiques were greatly appreciated.
Martin Kalu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martin-kalu.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Martin Kalu »

One thing I like about this review is that it was just plain and straight and as such I remembered a football commentator Peter Drury ohhh A Poet .. I like this will get it soon ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
Conrad Writes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-conrad-writes.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Conrad Writes »

I love the fact that you garnished this review with the details of what you liked and how you admire Sharla Lee for constructing her work by channeling her emotions. I would like to read some of these poems soon. Nice work.
Ikechi Ugochukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechi-ugochukwu.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Ikechi Ugochukwu »

I for one is very passionate and enthusiastic about poems. I would definitely peruse this book and also see life's experience through nature just as the author did.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: The Flaxen Tyranny by Simon Evans

Post by Salome Ogani »

I completely agree with the reviewer's assessment of Catnip of Life. It's a beautiful, meditative read that captures the essence of nature in a way that is both immersive and thought-provoking. What I love about this book is how it celebrates the beauty of the natural world in all its complexity
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

The way you described characters' transformation and the author's portrayal of the devil's deceit makes me even more curious to read this book. It sounds like the author did a great job of incorporating realistic elements into the story.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Donโ€™t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

I completely agree with your assessment of the author's writing style. The way they bring the natural world to life is truly impressive, and I appreciate how you've described it as a meditative experience. It sounds like the perfect book to turn to when I need to unwind and find some peace.
James Smith_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-smith-42.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by James Smith_ »

The imagery in this book is absolutely breathtaking. Each poem paints a vivid picture of the natural world, from the shimmering surface of a lake to the rustling of leaves in the wind. It's a feast for the senses that leaves you feeling refreshed and invigorated.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

Your comment about how the book incited a feeling of awareness in you is quite relatable. It's always refreshing to read books that make us think and challenge our
Merits Anih
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: Americas Revival by Kathryn Garten and Christopher Garten

Post by Merits Anih »

I appreciate the way that Sharla Lee's Catnip of Life combines both the beauty of nature and the human experience. It's a reminder that we are all connected to the natural world, and that the lessons we learn from nature can be applied to our own lives.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

I appreciate the way you have highlighted the author's ability to explore complex human emotions and thoughts through her book. Your review has convinced me that this book is much more than just a celebration of nature, but rather a profound reflection on what it means to be human.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

I really love poems and I find it interesting because of the how creative poets are. The idea of the author using poems to describe nature is also something that I find intriguing.

Return to โ€œVolunteer Reviewsโ€