Review of The Fifie

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of The Fifie

Post by Uche Active »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Fifie" by Marco Collina.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Do you believe in multiple lives? Do you believe in the supernatural? The Fifie by Marco Collina is a fictional novel of 219 pages that tells the story of two young individuals who meet themselves repeatedly in different lives. The book features love, romance, passion, the supernatural, and visions.

Marcus is a young lad that stays with his uncle, Thomas. While running an errand for him one day, he met a young lady, Maureen, at Crail Harbor. Maureen happens to be the daughter of his uncle’s friend. Immediately, there was chemistry between them. For some reason, Marcus has to retire there, and that night, he experiences a lot and meets some people. On their way back, Marcus, Maureen, and other crew members lost their way into the sea and came upon a cailleach on a mysterious island. From then on, their whole lives changed, and things took a new turn. Grab a copy of this book to read the story of the two lovers and their life encounters.

The book had an intriguing cover page. I have always loved reading books on ships, sailing, and pirates, and I did not hesitate to pick up this book immediately after I saw it. I love how the writer introduces the characters and describes them. The book contained poems, which I love reading, and the author also used some sailing terms that I learned and became accustomed to after reading the book. The book had an intriguing and captivating plot. I could not wait to read up on the whole story.

The author wrote the book from the first-person point of view. It was narrated by Marcus, a guy who seems unlucky with love, as supernatural occurrences took over the two incidents when he loved passionately. The book was the story of love, majorly love at first sight, passion for love, and the sea. I enjoy the characterization. I love the role of Maureen as a young female with discipline and commanding ability. It was also hilarious when Calico talked about his dream in a weighty conversation at an important time.

However, I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. It is because of the amount of error in it. I encountered many grammatical and typographical errors while reading this book and advise that the author re-edit the book. Apart from this, the book was superb. It exposed readers to the world of sailors and what they have to face and endure while at sea, such as the supernatural and other unknown elements.

I recommend this book to lovers of fictional stories, especially stories on sailing and the sea. I advise young children to avoid this book due to its sexual rating.

The Fifie
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Silvia Idahosa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvia-idahosa.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Silvia Idahosa »

Romance is an element that I like to see incorporated in stories. What can I say? I'm a romantic. I like the book cover; there's something about the sea and ship that gives a hint of adventure. Nice review.
Donaldo cris
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donaldo-cris.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Donaldo cris »

A book about love, romance, passion and vision really sounds interesting. I will love to have a glimpse of this book
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Reader_noc »

This seems like a very intriguing book. I do not believe in multiple lives but I would give this book a try. Well done with your review.
Agbata Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Agbata Trust »

The first push to read this book were the multiple interesting themes that It contained. The cover page isn't that compelling. But from the content of your review I can say the book is worth giving a shot.
Selmuq Voruma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-selmuq-voruma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Selmuq Voruma »

Stories like this make me ponder on reincarnation. Above all, the story of Marcus and Maureen shows how love can be full of ups and downs. Beautiful review.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

This sounds like a heartwarming tale that will keep readers in suspense. Marcus and Maureen sound like interesting characters. I would love to know more about them. Thanks for the great review.
Francis Ignacio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimaobi-ignatius-egenti.html
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker

Post by Francis Ignacio »

The cover page of this book was an amazing and accurate choice. It fit the description of the book accurately and makes it more intriguing. I enjoyed the review of this book and look forward to reading it.
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker
Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-egenti-ignatius-chimaobi.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi »

This is a proper romantic novel. The cover page seems very romantic and in your review, you mentioned that it contained poems and talked about the love shared between two people.
Kizito Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kizito-shelby.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Kizito Shelby »

I really agree with the points you've raised I this book. I think they are all valid. I've not read this book but it seems great and I would like to read it.
Goodness Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-azuka.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Goodness Azuka »

I can only wonder how Marcus felt before meeting Maureen. I seem to be attracted to books with sailing stories lately. Moreover, this review is well constructed and I look forward to reading the book.
AgathaChristiesStan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agathachristiesstan.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by AgathaChristiesStan »

I agree,the book does have an interesting cover.
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

I love reading books on adventures and I must say that this one really got me. I wonder if they will recognize each other from their past lives. Thanks for an interesting review.
Selmuq Voruma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-selmuq-voruma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Selmuq Voruma »

A book that features a story which revolves around love, romance, passion, the supernatural, and visions is definitely worth adding to my bookshelf. I enjoyed reading your review.
MsChet Cherry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by MsChet Cherry »

This book sounds so adventurous, just as multiple lives sounds as fascinating as it appears.
I would like to know what happened after they found themselves in a strange island.
Great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”