Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Falling in love is an experience everyone should have. This love sustains them even if their relationships aren't ideal. There are those who, based on media portrayals of relationships, continue to hold fast to the illusion that all relationships are healthy and happy. Love, confusion, lies, and terrorism all come together in Dorothy May Mercer's book Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War.

Cynthia Patterson loved her job as chief of security, investigator, and bodyguard for Senator Mike McBride. She also works as the receptionist in his office to hide who she is and ensure everything in the office stays private. Cynthia's brother, Glenn Patterson, devised a means to defeat ISIS through a cyber war.

She has been in a long-term relationship with her lover, Dan MacIntyre. Cynthia notices unusual sirens and emergency vehicles overtaking her as she drives home after a brief meeting with her brother Glenn. She heard from a bystander that a drone had mysteriously landed on the White House lawn. She met Sky Eastman, who spoiled her with his chivalrous qualities, and she forgot about her date with Dan as she spent a memorable time with him. Get this book to find out what happened between Sky and Cynthia. Was Dan going to find out?

I liked this book because May could express her thoughts perfectly while describing the scenes. I can't find the words to describe how much I enjoyed reading this book, especially the parts about romantic acts. I loved this book because May perfectly combined Cynthia's work and love lives. My favorite character was Sky because I loved the first impression he gave Cynthia, and if the word "gentle" were to be a person, it would be Sky, in addition to the fact that he had influence. Cynthia was also a unique character, and I liked her personality and role in the book. I also felt for Dan because he was still paying his student loan, and this made me understand that most of us are lucky to have our parents see us through school.

I rate it 5 out of 5 stars because I had no reason to dislike this book. While reading this book, I didn't encounter any errors, showing that Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War by Dorothy May Mercer is exceptionally well-edited. I recommend this book to readers with mature minds because of its explicit content and to people who like war stories.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

I really enjoyed reading this book. But I didn't appreciate Cynthia's behaviour towards sky, like girl, get a grip. It's not that deep. Excellent review you have here.
Emmanuel Cohen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-cohen.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emmanuel Cohen »

This review shows, the beautiful twists in embedded in the book, it is quite a captivating story. I also love that the reviewer note that the characters were properly developed. Nice review.
Book owly
Favorite Book: The Raven Boys
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arakhsh-qanit.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Book owly »

Your review describes an interesting story. I am actually not into romance books alot but after reading this review I think I should give it a try. Thank you for your review.
Seun Ukanwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seun-ukanwa.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Seun Ukanwa »

I love the blend of love, romance, technology, and crime in one read. These elements were well interwoven. The different roles of Cynthia made the story further interesting. Great Review.
Soma Ezenwanne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

Everyone would always look happy. From what I just read I think that Cynthia was not happy even though she claims to be and would like to find out more by reading this book.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

The use of Cynthia's position as chief of security, investigator, and bodyguard for a senator adds a layer of political intrigue to the story. The book's use of multiple computer whizzes as characters adds an extra layer of authenticity to the cyber war aspect of the story.
Merits Anih
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: Americas Revival by Kathryn Garten and Christopher Garten

Post by Merits Anih »

The book's portrayal of the protagonist's vulnerabilities and flaws makes her a more realistic and relatable character. The book's use of fast-paced action scenes and suspenseful moments keeps readers engaged and invested in the story.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

I really love the niche of this book and how the R-rated scene was presented but I believe that Cynthia still has a long way to go in the detective world because she really needs a lot of training.
Daniel Moore 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-moore-4.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Daniel Moore 4 »

The fact that the book deals with terrorism and government security adds a level of depth and complexity to the story.
Your comments on the author's portrayal of Cynthia's vulnerability is a testament to the author's skill at creating complex, multi-dimensional characters.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: To God Be The Glory! We Must Never Give Up by Charles Wiley

Post by Salome Ogani »

Your review has done an excellent job of conveying the book's themes of love, loyalty, and perseverance - it sounds like a heartwarming and inspiring story. The fact that the book deals with government security adds an extra layer of intrigue and complexity to the story.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

The story line is interesting and the author did a great work. Cynthia's behavior was a NO for me. How will she forget a dinner date with the boyfriend. I wonder what her excuse will be.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

I love how the author was able to interline Cynthia’s love life and her work beautifully. Although I didn’t enjoy how indecisive Cynthia was in making decisions concerning her relationships.
Ucposh301
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ucposh301.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Ucposh301 »

Love is cruel at times. Just imagine how quickly this love just faded away. Cyber war is something to grasp.
Christopher Andersons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris1-anderson.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Christopher Andersons »

The book's dialogue is realistic and believable. The book's character development is consistent throughout. The book's description of technology is accurate and informative.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”