Review of The Date Farm

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kizito Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kizito-shelby.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of The Date Farm

Post by Kizito Shelby »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Date Farm" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

We've all watched movies or read books where the story starts off with a major event that gives us a feeling that the book is really going to be interesting; this book gives us the same feeling.

Lara Edmond and Uri Levin were newly married special agents who worked with the FBI and Mossad to fight crime and terrorism. Ever since they got married, they moved to Israel to continue their dangerous work. Life was not easy as Lara had quite some time settling into the new environment and job, as she'd now be actively working with Mossad as an adjunct agent but was still actively an FBI agent.

The Date Farm is a fictional novel written by Jack Winnick. This novel is one that any reader would get hooked on, as the book expresses the author's genius uniquely. One of the things I liked about this book was its intense nature. An attack was launched on the Beverly Hills shopping mall, killing and injuring hundreds of Americans. This part of the book really had me excited because of its dynamic nature. At the time, Lara and Uri were on vacation at Lara's family house. Lara's father and mother, Bert and Glenda, were really excited to see their son-in-law, who was a famous agent because of the many things he had achieved and the people he had saved, as seen on the news, though his name is usually not put on the story to maintain the secrecy of his identity. I could actually relate to this part of the story because who wouldn't want to have a special agent as a relative? 

Another thing I liked about the story was the mixture of love and action. It made me remember the popular movie “Mr. and Mrs. Smith,” where the married couple were special agents fighting crime and were madly in love with each other. I also got to learn more about the Mossad, the special agency of Israel, and how they operate. No matter how many lives a secret agent saves during an operation against terrorists, the agent's name cannot be indicated in the news to protect the identity of the agent and that of his family.

I did not dislike anything about this book, as I found it to be extremely engaging. Because of this, I rate this book five out of five stars. I did not find any errors, which means it was exceptionally well-edited. I recommend this book to readers who love thrillers, crime, and adventure.

The Date Farm
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Comr Steve miracle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-comr-steve-miracle.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Comr Steve miracle »

This book is one of the most suspense filled book i read last month, I think it's a very good crime book. Nice review
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles by Sandra mayfield

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

Although I'm not a fan of war-related book, I did like reading your review. The characters seem hopeful and audacious. I'd love to know how the author makes use of the romance theme in such dramatic story.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:
Hakim Kelvin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hakim-kelvin.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Hakim Kelvin »

Lara and Uri's detective skills is what I enjoyed most about this book. I love reading Jack Winnick's books. He is one of my favorite writers. Nice review.
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Reader_noc »

Lara and Uri are power couple that get to experience the action and suspense together. Jack never disappoints. This is yet another beautiful tale told by him.
Prisca olu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisca-olu.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Prisca olu »

A good book about secret agents and romance get to me like a good movie on the same concept both are simply epic. Knowing this story has a touch of romance simply makes it more interesting. You did a good job on this review.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

Lara and Uri got married? Wow, that's nice. I've been following the reviews of Jack Winnick's books, but haven't read all. This one would be interesting. Great review.
Estrella Caramella
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Estrella Caramella »

I just love how simple and engaging your review is.
AgathaChristiesStan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agathachristiesstan.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by AgathaChristiesStan »

Oh, how I love books that promise excellence from the beginning. Your review is beautiful.
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

I enjoy the way Lara and Uri were able to work together and being selfless in their missions. But then I feel like such kind of love is rare in our society today.
Favour Hillz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-hillz.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Favour Hillz »

I love fictional books and I really hope to read this one. It's filled with suspense to say, majorly why I'm interested in reading it. Good job.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I’ve read this novel and I’ll say that your review is on point. The mix of action and love made it more easier to follow, but I personally find this political aspect boring. Nice review!
Rose Lineani
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-lineani.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Rose Lineani »

I appreciate how you mentioned that the book is suitable for readers who enjoy books about terrorists and detectives. It's always great to read books that cater to our interests and preferences.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

I really hate how these terrorists operate. It is quite sad to open fire on a mall full of innocent people. I hope Lara and Uri thwart all their further plans. Interesting review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”