Review of The Fifie

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jimmy Foster Reyes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-foster-reyes.html
Latest Review: My Journey To Polyamory And Back by Natalie Loveleen

Review of The Fifie

Post by Jimmy Foster Reyes »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Fifie" by Marco Collina.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

When a man loves, his soul, body, and mind belong to another person, and likewise. He will not be at peace until his soul rests in the blossoms of his beloved.

The Fifie by Marco Collina is a romantic novel that depicts the journey of two destined lovers who lived two lives; both were destined in both lives to meet and love each other, but the second life seems to be misfortunate because of the "Callieach" they met previously in their past lives on their way to bury Deoiridh at Dunnottar. Marca and Maureen were the names they bore in their first lives. After the encounter with the "Callieach," they encountered a whirlpool in the ocean that sucked them away, and before they knew it, they were at different places with different lives, and any memory of their past lives was a dream to them. Marca woke up as Mark, a businessman with a wife, Molly, and a son, Ben. He worked at a seaport in Hull and had several crew members under his jurisdiction. When he meets a client named Marla who seeks a wrecked Fifie in Nahant, could it be that Fifie, the lost ship, is the same ship that Marca and Maureen went missing on? Was Marla Mark's lover in a previous life? Find out more when you grab a copy of the novel The Fifie by Marco Collina to learn more.

The novel was narrated by the author in a first-person perspective; the author took the narrative of Marca and Mark to describe the voyage he experienced across the vast ocean and the loneliness he felt when married to Molly; the author also describes the sparkling love Marca felt for Maureen. In using this first-person perspective, he ensured the readers followed the novel while eliciting the strong emotions the author desired of them. This was the major thing I admired about this novel; I admired the author's narrative style because the creative ability he employed in this novel kept me engrossed as I anticipated what the next chapter had in store for the readers. Another point that I admired about this novel is the dialog between characters; the author expressed the language style of British men, mostly Scottish men, in the novel. The informal conversation language employed by the author between crew members on the boat intrigued me. The love between Marca and Maureen was unbreakable, and it exhibited itself as they found peace and comfort with each other in their next lives despite meeting for the first time. This gave me the impression that true love never dies; it is an eternally burning flame that remains unquenchable once lit.

What I didn't like about this novel is the fact that Mark lied to Molly and wasn't open up to her; she didn't love him as much as Marla did, but she respected him; he should have shown respect to Molly by telling her the truth when she confronted him about the affair he had with the mysterious woman. At some point in the novel, I felt their love wasn't true love but was flawed and based on infatuation. I said this because of their frequent sexual encounters. I believe that love goes beyond sexual pleasure.

I would wholeheartedly give this novel a rating of 4 out of 5 stars because of the points that I listed above as my dislikes. I enjoyed this novel, but I believe more could have been done to perfect this extraordinary work of art. I would also state that this novel has been professionally edited, as I encountered a few grammatical errors in my process of reading it.

For readers in search of a perfect romance and mystery novel, this is a good novel to grab, so I would therefore recommend you pick this novel as it has some romance themes employed in it. I would also recommend this novel to readers who love reading about sailing the vast ocean.

The Fifie
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

I like reading romance novels. I especially like those that talk of a love so strong. However, my problem with this plot is that the man is married. Great review.
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Kelly Peter »

This book has a great plot and characters I adore I look forward to reading this book. Nice review.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I’m a fan of romance novels but not those with frequent sex scenes. I might check this out. I wonder how Molly and Marla will solve their solve issue.
Sarah Kate Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-kate-smith.html
Latest Review: Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S.Lee

Post by Sarah Kate Smith »

The story should have a lot of twists and turns, and they should have met and possibly had a feeling that they knew each other in their previous lives. This book seems to contain a lot of mysteries about how they woke up to a different life after they had died in the ocean. True love really can't be separated.
Kenny Geneva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenny-geneva.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Kenny Geneva »

This is a wonderful read I must say. I must commend the effort of the author for such a wonderful piece I look forward to reading this book. Nice review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”