Review of The Seventh Spark

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jê hii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mnnn-g.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Review of The Seventh Spark

Post by Jê hii »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Seventh Spark" by J.B. Lion.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever imagined what the life of an angel would be like? Have you ever wondered what happens beyond the physical realm? Have you ever imagined that a fantasy could include angels and other celestial beings? The Spark by J.B. Lion is a book that will take you deeper into your imagination and fantasy about angels. In this book, a certain group of angels make up the Knights of the Trinity. Their duty is to protect the 12 planets on which mankind lives from demons. To become a knight, an angel must be accounted worthy by all means, and this is overseen by a superior angel—Archangel Michael. The demons cause chaos on the planets by reaching the "sparks." There is a supreme being called "The Everlasting," to whom the angels are answerable and whom I believe is the creator of all things.

Each angel in this book has a unique form, and this goes contrary to the general conception that angels are winged creatures with subtle behavior. The angels who played notable roles include Steven, Berlot, Jewel, Azrael, Lucis, Zane, Reimund, Raj, Anisau, Gaudfridus, and Armin the Divine, who is probably the eldest or a superior to them. There is another angel—Artemis—but he died in service. As for the demons, they are always planning to bring destruction to the 12 planets. To do this, they try to reach the "sparks." The "sparks" are sins that make each planet prone to destruction. The demons include Kreetus and Legion.

This book is a fascinating tale of good and evil. This particular prototype has just two chapters and is full of suspense and horror. It is a combination of prose and comics with well outlined graphics. The graphics are self-explanatory, giving detailed information about the characters and sequence of events. The Seventh Spark was well edited. I did not notice any grammatical or typographical errors.

The author did a great job by using graphics, but this did not make up for some of the words used by the characters in the books. Although the words were similar to English words, I could not organize my thoughts. I also found the book a bit horrifying, and some words were quite complex, so I would not recommend it for everyone. Children and young minds will find it too complex to assimilate.

I rate this book four out of five stars. I enjoyed reading the book except for some parts that had no translation for the words used by the characters. I recommend this book for tale and comic lovers and writers looking for inspiration for fantasy stories.

The Seventh Spark
View: on Bookshelves
Jê hii
Currently Reading:

Post by Jê hii »

Amazing book review 👏🔥
Jê hii
Currently Reading:

Post by Jê hii »

I find this book especially interesting because it goes contrary to the general conception that angels are winged creatures with subtle behavior. In this book, the angels took several forms.
Bravo!
Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Midwife of Auschwitz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-n-brega-bartolomeu.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu »

Perhaps the angels' forms suggest that there are angels amount us? Ah ah was the ending satisfying?
Nisha DSouza
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

It sounds like a complicated story. Thank you for your well-written review, but I think I will skip this one.
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”