Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In South Korea, there was an international French patisserie cooking competition, and they selected Missy as one of the judges. She decided to take her dogs and cats with her on the journey. Le Cordon Bleu was to organize the competition. When they got to South Korea, they had trouble finding a place to stay. Their tour guide, Ye-Jun, offered them a place to stay.

The book's main character is Inca, a Siberian cat who runs a detective agency called Inca and Company. The agency also represented many other cats, including Monk, a handsome blue Russian cat; Fromage, a high-energy guy; and Cara, who has beautiful blue eyes. Get the book Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula to discover what happened in South Korea.

The book appealed to me initially because of its cover. The illustration of a cat looking through a magnifying glass suggested that the book was about solving a mystery. The pictures in the book were perfect, and each character looked just like the text described. It was wise to make Inca the group's leader since cats are naturally curious, and Kristi did an excellent job of showing this in the plot.

The book's depiction of teamwork was also inspiring, and something young readers could take away. Because of the story's captivating and highly engaging plot, children could comprehend the different types of animals and their appearances. Additionally, the book contains essential information about Korean culture, from which both adults and children can gain knowledge.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because I have no reason to dislike it. I recommend this book to children who love mysteries and children from six to eleven years of age. I didn't encounter any errors while reading this book, which shows that Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi was exceptionally well-edited.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Eliah king
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliah-king.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Eliah king »

Nice job . Good review . Good language structure
The way the reviewer gave and stated out both the negative and positive aspect of the book is mind blowing . You can easily get an insight of the whole scenario in the content of the article
Ukaegbu Confidence
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

What an awesome review you have here. I didn't know this much content can come out of a children's book. Your review is very detailed and points readers in the right direction.
Seun Ukanwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seun-ukanwa.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Seun Ukanwa »

This review is written with so much expertise. The cover picture of this book will make anyone have a second glance and probably eventually read the book. I like the principle of teamwork which was emphasised in the book.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

The setting of the book was also quite interesting, and I appreciate the author's efforts to introduce children to different cultures and languages. The book could serve as a useful tool for teaching kids about cultural diversity, language barriers, and the importance of communication.
Daniel Moore 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-moore-4.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Daniel Moore 4 »

I appreciate that the author includes descriptions of the Korean countryside, which will help readers visualize and connect with the setting.
I like that the book promotes problem-solving and critical thinking skills through its mystery storyline.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: To God Be The Glory! We Must Never Give Up by Charles Wiley

Post by Salome Ogani »

I appreciate that the author includes moments of humor and levity in the book, which will help make it more enjoyable and accessible for young readers. It's impressive that the author manages to blend mystery and adventure with educational content in the book, making it a well-rounded and valuable resource for young readers.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

The fact that the book is well-edited is a big plus, as it can be frustrating to read a book with lots of errors. It's great that the book introduces children to a different culture, as they can learn about the culture of South Korea through the story. This book will create a lasting impression on children.
Ucposh301
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ucposh301.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Ucposh301 »

I love how this review introduced the characters in the book and how it pointed out the subtle hint of the cover page cat looking through a magnifying glass to indicate that cats are naturally curious.
Soma Ezenwanne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

This charming book took me on an exciting adventure with Inca and her feline friends as they travel to South Korea for a French patisserie cooking competition. The author beautifully captures the bond between humans and their furry companions, making the story heartwarming and delightful. From the vivid descriptions of the characters like Missy, Inca, Monk, Fromage, and Cara, to the intriguing plot, this book is a purrfect choice for cat lovers and mystery enthusiasts alike.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

This is an inspiring tale that reminds us of the power of kindness, cultural exchange, and the unexpected connections that can be formed through the love of food and hospitality.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

Missy's decision to bring her beloved pets adds a touch of charm and love, though the challenge of finding accommodation almost looked impossible, but thanks to the tour guide.
Christopher Andersons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris1-anderson.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Christopher Andersons »

The book's message of the value of friendship and loyalty is an important lesson for young readers to learn.
Rose Lineani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-lineani.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Rose Lineani »

I like that the book teaches readers about the importance of being open-minded and embracing new experiences.
Willie Wilsons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willie-wilsons.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Willie Wilsons »

The book's portrayal of animals as intelligent and capable characters promotes a positive view of animal welfare and rights for young readers.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”