Review of Terms of Service

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eliah king
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliah-king.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Terms of Service

Post by Eliah king »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Terms of Service" by Craig W. Stanfill.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The invention of Artificial Intelligence (AI) has hyped the digital world positively and negatively, from making it easier to execute internet actions faster to reducing the demand in the digital labor force. This book, Terms of Service, by Craig W. Stanfill, defines how AI can be dangerous to the community.

Terms Of Service is a fiction book that features characters like Kim, an AI coach who discovered the downsides and dark path of Artificial Intelligence in society. It highlights how it's been used for oppression and surveillance. Kim was fortunate to work with an AI named Kimberly. Aside from work, her life was influenced by AI as a result of her commitment to the machine, to the extent that even her food choices had to be mandated by AI. As time went on, her job became monotonous, and she began to realize the gravity of her role. Kim had worked with the Artificial Intelligence company five times as she eagerly took on her assignments and aimed to one day work with advanced-ranked AIs. But as time went on, her job became monotonous, and she began to realize the gravity of her role.

I like the author's writing skills, unlike many other articles I have read. The way he differentiated the words, making the reader understand which one is virtual or real, is very impressive. Also, how he painted a clear picture of the characters in such a colorful format makes the story so realistic.

However, I don't like how Craig W. Stanfill defined the consumption of drugs and alcohol as a means of showcasing a relationship. It's not going to have a good effect on readers who are already addicted to medicine and alcohol and wish to quit the bad behavior soon.

In addition, Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill was exceptionally well-edited. It has profanity and sexual content. It uses a simple language structure with little slang and scientific generalities. I am giving Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill a top rating of 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to individuals who study machine learning and love stories about fighting for freedom.

Finally, I gave Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill the above rating because I couldn't find any worthy reason that should lead to a reduction in rating. Secondly, this book talks more about what's trending today in the internet world, making it a very interesting and study-provoking read. There were no grammatical or spelling errors.

Terms of Service
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Ukaegbu Confidence
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

This book is just exceptional. It was perfectly written and drafted. I admire the author's creative abilities. Excellent review you've got here. I enjoyed reading it.
Soma Ezenwanne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

I believe that a world a hundred percent of AI would be a means to enslave humanity and man may loose dominion over certain normal decisions.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

I sincerely hope that the rest of our lives won’t be spent under the leadership of AIs, but with the way the world is going it might be sooner that we expected. This novel was an intense one. You did a good review with this keep it up!
Katherine Barnabas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-barnabas.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Katherine Barnabas »

I cannot imagine myself living by such rules. Humans would be in charge of the robots they make and not the other way round. Excellent review you have here.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

While the character development may not have been as extensive as some readers would have liked, I still found the characters to be interesting and engaging. I was invested in Kim's journey, and I cared about what happened to her.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

I don’t like the idea of someone’s food being decided by a robot. Robots are better off cleaning and so on. I believe there are things that still makes humans better in choices.
Emmanuel Cohen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-cohen.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emmanuel Cohen »

It is just wonderful the kind of world Craig W. Stanfill is able to created, it amazes me how he came up with such idea. I had fun while I read this book, seeing technologies detecting humans activities and I love how the author ended it, showing the importance of freedom. Nice review.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

I don't like the name of this book. Why would the world be controlled by robots UpTo the moment where it decides what we eat or not.
Kim Writerfrak Walters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writerfrak.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kim Writerfrak Walters »

"The moral dilemmas presented in this book had me questioning my own beliefs. It made me think about the choices we make and the consequences they have on ourselves and others."

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”