Review of The Seventh Spark

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Friederic Schröder
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-friederic-schr-der.html
Latest Review: Tangled Branches by William Bailey

Review of The Seventh Spark

Post by Friederic Schröder »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Seventh Spark" by J.B. Lion.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Seven Spark: Knights of the Trinity - 2nd Beta Review by J.B. Lion is a graphic novel that narrates the tale of the twelve knights, protectors of the twelve realms.

The first chapter of this novel, "Darkness Falls," narrates the conspiracy between Kreetus, Legion, and Drogthal as they plan to invade Thorn, the tenth realm. Drogthal summons Legion and Kreetus, ordering them to prepare their forces for war as the seventh spark of the tenth realm has been lit. In the novel, the spark represented the sins of men in the twelve realms. The next chapters narrate the meeting of the twelve knights of the Trinity. The meeting was to mourn Artemus and perform a rite of passage for fallen knights who had defended the twelve realms since the beginning of the third age. The meeting was also initiated to decide if Artemus would represent the twelve knights in heaven and be granted everlasting life. Would Artemus represent the twelve knights in heaven? Who are the twelve knights? Find out more when you grab a copy of the novel The Seven Spark: Knights of the Trinity - 2nd Beta Review by J.B. Lion.

My favorite character was Gaudfridus, a knight of the twelve realms. What I admired most about him was the countenance he displayed in this novel; he had the features of a Norseman, which were the beard and the axe he always carried with him. Another thing I loved about him was the language he spoke. His English was quite different from the other knights in this novel; he spoke like a barbarian and a Viking on TV channels. While I was reading his dialog in this novel, I was mesmerized by the author's ability to employ such creativity in a character in this novel. The graphic content in this novel made the author's description of the characters and events in this novel easily understandable. The description of Jewel's features in this novel was confusing, but when I saw the picture of what Jewel looked like in the novel, I was able to completely comprehend the character in the novel.

When I chose this novel and read about the coming fight in the early chapters, I expected to experience battle scenes frequently in this novel, but that was not possible. I was a bit disappointed and curious to experience the battle scenes between the two different forces, the force of darkness and that of the twelve knights. Apart from this point, there was nothing else I disliked about this novel.

I would give this novel a rating of 4 out of 5 stars because of the single point I listed above that I disliked about it. I did expect more from this novel, but my expectations were cut off. I would also state that this novel has been exceptionally well edited, as I did not encounter a single grammatical error in my process of reading this novel.

I would recommend this novel to readers of the comic novel, science fiction, mystery, and horror genres, as these are the themes employed by J.B. Lion in the content of this novel.

The Seventh Spark
View: on Bookshelves
Goodness Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-azuka.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Goodness Azuka »

I really can imagine how authors write fictitious stories of this kind. I also wish to find out who the twelve knights are. Nice review.
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

This an interesting review and would love to know if Artemus was able to represent the twelve knights.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

This is interesting. It sounds like a paranormal fictional review. I always look out for comparisons of these fantasy stories with the real world, while reading them. Great review.
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Kelly Peter »

I have not read this book but after reading your review I have an understanding of the book. Nice job.
Ogidor Chinasa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogidor-chinasa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ogidor Chinasa »

Having a nice comic book after a long time would be great. I would love to know more about the adventure of Artemus and the rest of the knights. Great review here, well done.
Sarah Kate Smith
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-kate-smith.html
Latest Review: Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S.Lee

Post by Sarah Kate Smith »

This book sounds like it would be similar to movies like Spartacus and Vikings, which involve fights between kingdoms and other kingdoms taking over their opponents' lands and living there, though I don't know why Drogthal, Legion, and Kreetus had plans on invading Thorn, maybe reading the book will enlighten me more.
Kenny Geneva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenny-geneva.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Kenny Geneva »

This is a wonderful read I must say. I must commend the effort of the author for such a wonderful piece. Nice review.
Blackstenius
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackstenius.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Blackstenius »

I was also disappointed that the book was only a sample and I'm eagerly anticipating the full book to find out how the battle of the knights and demons went. I loved the plot and how it alludes to biblical angels protecting the earth against villainous demons. The graphics were top-notch and simplified the understanding of the book and the various characters' description. Your review was delightful to read. Cheers.
The gift turned out to be a curse. They killed him with kindness.
Blackstenius
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackstenius.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Blackstenius »

Sarah Kate Smith wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 03:09 This book sounds like it would be similar to movies like Spartacus and Vikings, which involve fights between kingdoms and other kingdoms taking over their opponents' lands and living there, though I don't know why Drogthal, Legion, and Kreetus had plans on invading Thorn, maybe reading the book will enlighten me more.
You should sure read the book, but just to give you a sneak peek: Drogthal, Legion, and Kreetus we're malevolent demons, enemies of mankind. They inhabited a different realm from mankind (mankind inhabited 12 realms/planets, Thorn being one of them). Now, the only way for the demons, Drogthal and his likes, to invade mankind-inhabited realms was if mankind's sin exceeded God's threshold of allowable evil, ie, if man's sin exceeded the limit God had set for them. Provided mankind's sin level was within God's set limit, mankind and its realm were guaranteed God's protection against the evils, but once they broke that threshold, which in this case was 7 sparks(basically 7 sins/crimes) then God's protection of man's realms would be withdrawn, giving the demons a free pass to invade men's realm and attack them. The demons were eagerly awaiting for planet Thorn's 7th spark to be lit so they could invade and now that this spark had been lit, they were more than ready to unleash hell upon mankind.
The gift turned out to be a curse. They killed him with kindness.
Sarah Kate Smith
Currently Reading:

Wow, based on your explanation, it sounds more like Lord of the Rings kind of stuff, but excluding the ring part, it would be very interesting to read. Thanks; I'll give it a try.
Sarah Kate Smith
Currently Reading:

Blackstenius wrote: 03 Apr 2023, 04:14
Sarah Kate Smith wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 03:09 This book sounds like it would be similar to movies like Spartacus and Vikings, which involve fights between kingdoms and other kingdoms taking over their opponents' lands and living there, though I don't know why Drogthal, Legion, and Kreetus had plans on invading Thorn, maybe reading the book will enlighten me more.
You should sure read the book, but just to give you a sneak peek: Drogthal, Legion, and Kreetus we're malevolent demons, enemies of mankind. They inhabited a different realm from mankind (mankind inhabited 12 realms/planets, Thorn being one of them). Now, the only way for the demons, Drogthal and his likes, to invade mankind-inhabited realms was if mankind's sin exceeded God's threshold of allowable evil, ie, if man's sin exceeded the limit God had set for them. Provided mankind's sin level was within God's set limit, mankind and its realm were guaranteed God's protection against the evils, but once they broke that threshold, which in this case was 7 sparks(basically 7 sins/crimes) then God's protection of man's realms would be withdrawn, giving the demons a free pass to invade men's realm and attack them. The demons were eagerly awaiting for planet Thorn's 7th spark to be lit so they could invade and now that this spark had been lit, they were more than ready to unleash hell upon mankind.
Wow, based on your explanation, it sounds more like Lord of the Rings kind of stuff, but excluding the ring part, it would be very interesting to read. Thanks; I'll give it a try.
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

Seeing that it is titled seventh spark: knights of trinity truly one would expect a lot of fighting scenes and sorry you didn't get any when reading further into the book. Great review
Ayilaran Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayilaran-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Ayilaran Emmanuel »

This is a captivating review making me feel like adding it to my shelves.. I want to know more about the characters especially GaudFridas. Thanks for this piece.

Nice review
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

It would be fantastic to have a good comic book again, and I am eager to learn about the escapades of Artemus and the other knights after such a long time. Great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”