Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Daniella George
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniella-george.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Daniella George »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Going for a honeymoon on a Caribbean resort island in Honduras seems like a good idea, right? Kelly and Tom thought the same thing, but their honeymoon was interrupted by a possible attack on their nation.

E M P Honeymoon: Kelly and Tom is a book that tells the story of two young couples as they head to Honduras for their honeymoon. During their honeymoon, Kelly buys gifts for her husband in a gift shop. Her experience in the gift shop leaves her with many questions, but what becomes a concern for Mike is the panic call she made on his phone while at the gift shop. Kelly returns home and talks about her ordeal to Tom, who opens an inquiry into the situation. The next day, he heads to the gift shop to examine the problem. This sudden turn of events changes the outcome of their honeymoon. Will they be able to uncover the secrets behind the gift shop? Get a copy of this book to find out.

Let me state my displeasure first. This book was unrealistic in many ways; how could Tom not have been with Kelly most of the time in Honduras? This was a honeymoon, meaning lovers were bound to spend 23 hours together every day, but Kelly and Tom's honeymoon could have been written better. Another thing I would have liked about this book was how the author portrayed the antagonists, who could have been more unintelligent.

No doubt, this book was fast-paced and intriguing. The author started the book with immediate action, which she maintained to the very end. The character I liked the most was Kelly; despite being a civilian and having zero knowledge about crime, she still involved herself and became a force to be reckoned with. Another aspect of this book I liked was its quick read; the author made everything seem short and exciting.

My rating for this book was solely based on my likes and dislikes. This book's plot was unique; there was some inconsistency with the author's writing, but it was still special. This book was above average, but it was not perfect. My rating for E M P Honeymoon: Kelly and Tom by Dorothy May Mercer will be 4 out of 5 stars. I examined for errors and typos and found one. This book was professionally edited. I recommend this book to readers who like reading a decent crime story. They would love this book in its entirety.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
STICON Designs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sticon-designs.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by STICON Designs »

E M P Honeymoon: Kelly and Tom is a book that tells the story of two young couples as they head to Honduras for their honeymoon.
Comr Steve miracle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-comr-steve-miracle.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Comr Steve miracle »

The plot in this book was very bored and uninterested. The honeymoon of a thing was a joke, i won't rate this book up to 2 stars
itz sticon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itz-sticon.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by itz sticon »

A scintillating book, I think a movie adaptation will make a lot of sense. The plot and story made a lot of sense
Udochukwu Ozoekwe Theia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-udochukwu-ozoekwe-1.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Udochukwu Ozoekwe Theia »

The protagonist and antagonist in this book were a bit unrealistic, especially the antagonist. They acted very foolishly
Steve Miracle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steve-miracle.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Steve Miracle »

There was no grammaticall errors and I love books that are smartly edited but the plot was also nice
Malunzelundilom Chiboy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malunzelundilom-chiboy.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Malunzelundilom Chiboy »

Although I haven't read this book I know its from the same author of Cynthia and Dan. But with your detailed review I am going to give it a try
Ebube Steve
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebube-steve.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Ebube Steve »

I will recommend E M P Honeymoon: Kelly and Tom to people who want to read something really different. Nice review
Steve Chiboy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steve-chiboy.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Steve Chiboy »

Kelly and Tom honeymoon was a bit boring. The book wasn't as sweet as I thought it would be but I am glad I read it
Jerry Spencer
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-spencer.html
Latest Review: I Said, "I Am A Nun" by June A Ramsay

Post by Jerry Spencer »

Kelly and Tom were quite the power couple. I'd say that the mission brought a spark into their honeymoon because they weren't doing much. Nice review.
Goodness Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-azuka.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Goodness Azuka »

I will love to read a book about a couple who forfeited their honeymoon for an investigation. That's an intriguing plot. Nice review
Goodness Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-azuka.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Goodness Azuka »

I will love to read a book about a couple that forfeited their honeymoon for an investigation. That's an intriguing plot. Nice review
Ekaete Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

This book was quite the amazing read. I enjoyed everybit of it. My favourite character was Dr Kinney. He was so brilliant and smart.
Stephen Grace Wonders
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-grace-wonders.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Stephen Grace Wonders »

What could be more tragic than encountering dangers during one's honeymoon? I can't imagine myself being in the position of this couple. I hope they were able to resolve the mystery in the gift shop which disrupted their honeymoon.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”