Review of Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ekaete Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Review of Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

We all have things we planned to achieve at various ages while growing up, be it something as simple as learning how to drive, swim, or even skydive, but we were held back because of our fears. This book teaches us how to overcome those fears and achieve them.

This book is divided into two parts. One part is focused on discovering your dream (Dream Sparks). The other is on realizing the dream (realization strategies). If you've experienced any issues in the past with achieving already-set goals, then you've picked up the right book to help you overcome those fears.

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute is a nonfiction book written by Jeff Meyer. Of course, there are many things to learn from this book, and that is the major thing I liked about it. The author took his time to carry the readers along gently to help us understand the book better. The biblical passages and references used in the book help to pass across the message well. While reading this book, I got to ask myself questions about how and why I'd not been doing things the right way and why I had been letting my fears put me down and make me move further away from achieving my goals and executing my plans, and I really liked the way I was thinking.

In the book, you'd get to see some eye-opening questions like, “Why do we resist giving our Creator, Savior, and Sustainer the pleasure of leading us?" Why do we resist our pleasure? Why do we resist the dream He sparks?” and the answer is simple and straight to the point. It all revolves around three things, as the author discovered: false beliefs, fear, and fascination. Another thing I liked about this book were the “Try this” questions; they were like assignments that helped me try to understand each lesson better.

What I disliked about this book was the excessive use of biblical references. I wish the author had used a little bit less so that people of many other religions could partake in reading this book. I rate this book four out of five stars because of my dislike of the book as mentioned. Furthermore, I did not find any errors, which means it was exceptionally well-edited. Likewise, I recommend this book to readers who've failed to achieve their dreams because of one fear or another. It would really go a long way toward helping them overcome those fears.

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Reader_noc »

There are so many things I have always wanted to do without letting other people's opinions hold me down. I hope this book gives me that strength.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

Sometimes we let the voice in our head to stop us, not knowing we could do it. The author here also listed out out steps that we can take to help us retrace our steps.
Active Chris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-active-chris.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Active Chris »

I enjoyed reading this book. It increases ones self esteem and encourages them to dream big. The author gives steps necessary to execute one's dream. Thanks for the review.
Ben Mount
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-mount.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Ben Mount »

Fears are always hunting many dreams. Many dreams today have been suppressed by fears. I love the content of this book. This book will be of great help to the younger generations who still have dreams of doing great things. Nice review.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

The book has a powerful title. And like the reviewer said, its content will be thought-provoking. I will also love to learn and get motivated by this book. Thanks for an amazing book.
Prisca olu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisca-olu.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Prisca olu »

Fear and doubt are two things that stand with us as we go through life. Overcoming them leads to success but it's easier said than done. This book teaches you how to hand that fear over to God. This us a great review.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

I read this book when I needed it. Its advice on how to accomplish my dreams was very helpful. I also enjoyed the short illustrations in it. Great review.
Jerry Spencer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-spencer.html
Latest Review: I Said, "I Am A Nun" by June A Ramsay

Post by Jerry Spencer »

I really enjoyed reading this book. Motivating and inspiring from a different point of view. I've always had success in mind but this book gives a process for actualizing it. Nice review.
Rose Lineani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-lineani.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Rose Lineani »

This book, Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer, is an inspiring read that will help readers realize what they are truly capable of. Jeff Meyer's writing style is incredibly relatable, and he successfully conveys his personal experiences in order to guide readers.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

I'd love to read this book. It is true that fear hinders us from achieving our goals. I'd love to know more on how to overcome it. Beautiful review.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

Dreams are meant to be accomplished and that's what the author depicted in his book. This is a thought-provoking book that offers important food for thought. Great review.
Goodness Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-azuka.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Goodness Azuka »

This book is very informative and thought-provoking. Dreams are meant to come through but fear is usually a limiting factor. This book should be in everyone's shelf.
Kelly Tunstall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-tunstall.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Kelly Tunstall »

I would love to read this book. I enjoy books that guide and advise us to lead braver, fuller lives. This review gives me an excellent idea of what to expect reading it. I don't mind the biblical verses, so that doesn't deter me. I am going to add this to my shelf. Thank you for the lovely review!
Noble Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noble-reads.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Noble Reads »

This is another self-help book that would help individuals realise their dreams. It encourages readers to eliminate fear and dream big, and gave tips to take in actualization of one's dreams. Nice review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”