Review of Fantasy Friends on Furlough in a Putrid Pandemic

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of Fantasy Friends on Furlough in a Putrid Pandemic

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Fantasy Friends on Furlough in a Putrid Pandemic" by Alexandra DeHaven.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

There was a pandemic in early 2020, and the coronavirus manifested and spread from person to person. Many people were infected with this virus, which resulted in death in severe cases. The government issued precautions and asked us to stay indoors for a while.

Months passed before we could finally go outside, but we had to wear gloves and face masks for our safety. Unique creatures in the animal kingdom miss their human friends, and to play with them, they must travel to an imaginative realm known as the Philosophical Farm. The book Fantasy Friends on Furlough in a Putrid Pandemic by Alexandra DeHaven is a book that tells short stories about the pandemic.

I liked this book because it contains a lot of information for a children's book and would significantly impact kids positively. The use of rhymes was also unique, and young children may develop an interest in writing due to this. The book was also colorful; children will enjoy these beautiful pictures and could learn to draw from them.

Alexandra was able to convey the message about the pandemic in the book because all of the characters wore masks. The book has a lot of hidden moral lessons; to understand them, you'll need to take a deep breath first. One of these hidden lessons is that you should treat people with respect and care, regardless of who they are or their origin.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because I have no reason to dislike it. I recommend this book to kids between the ages of seven and twelve because the lessons contained in the book would be hard to understand for younger kids. While reading this book, I found a few errors, which shows that Fantasy Friends on Furlough in a Putrid Pandemic by Alexandra DeHaven was professionally edited.

Fantasy Friends on Furlough in a Putrid Pandemic
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Soma Ezenwanne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Legend of Prism: The Pegasus Who Painted the Sky Rainbow by Brad W. Blue

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

Every parents should read this book to their children so they could learn and even if they don't understand the lessons that comes with it the parents should serve as a translator.
Merits Anih
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: Americas Revival by Kathryn Garten and Christopher Garten

Post by Merits Anih »

The book is not only about the pandemic but also about the positive things that came out of it. It is a beautiful reminder that even in tough times, we can still find joy and happiness. It encourages us to explore our talents and interests, even when we are limited by circumstances beyond our control.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

I also appreciate the book's illustrations. They are beautiful and complement the stories perfectly. The colors are soothing to the eyes and make the book even more enjoyable to read. The illustrations make it easy to understand the stories and the lessons they convey.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

A book for children with rhymes. This is very unique and I really love the fact that it was done in a way that one could develop interest in poetry and I enjoyed reading this review. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

Perfect review. I loved the way your presented you points and it'll surely help any one looking to read this book in the right direction. I look forward to reading more of your reviews.
Eliah king
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliah-king.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Eliah king »

The pacing of the book was perfect, with just the right balance of action, dialogue, and introspection. I was on the edge of my seat, eagerly turning the pages to find out what would happen next."
Daniel Moore 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-moore-4.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Daniel Moore 4 »

I enjoyed reading this book, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to be reminded of the beauty and positivity in life, even in the midst of a pandemic. It is a beautiful reminder that we are all in this together and that we can always find something to be grateful for.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: Penticore Prime by M.D. Chevalier

Post by Salome Ogani »

The book's lessons are not forced, and they are subtle enough to make a lasting impact on the reader. I like that the book is not just about the pandemic, but also includes stories about friendship, kindness, and personal growth. It's a well-rounded book that has something for everyone.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

The pandemic was not an easy one. A lot of people suffered because of the government policy. A lot of life where lost. It was a relief when everyone was going back to their daily activities despite the law of wearing gloves and mask.
Emmanuel Cohen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-cohen.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emmanuel Cohen »

This really appeals to me, because it has a lot of information for both adults and children, I appreciate that the reviewer outlined the positives of this book, I would definitely reading the book.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

I love that this book was unique with the use of Poems in between. It contains good moral lessons for children and teaches them how to be kind with each other and how to be better people.
Ucposh301
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ucposh301.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Ucposh301 »

This describes our relationship with animals mostly dogs, cats and others. Kids love animals and I feel this book will encourage them to love them more.
Christopher Andersons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris1-anderson.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Christopher Andersons »

The fact that the book addresses the questions and speculation surrounding the pandemic's origin and spread adds a layer of depth and relevance to the stories.
Rose Lineani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-lineani.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Rose Lineani »

I appreciate that the book portrays how people coped with the pandemic by engaging in activities like yoga and painting, as this is a positive and empowering message.

Return to โ€œVolunteer Reviewsโ€