Review of Terms of Service

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi23.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Review of Terms of Service

Post by Oluchi23 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Terms of Service" by Craig W. Stanfill.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I have been thoughtful and amazed by the rapid metamorphosis of the world. The rapid changes and fast-growing economy toward the utopian world we all crave are a fantasy. I have often wondered how humans will be replaced by inanimate items as science and technology labor ceaselessly to develop artificial intelligence. Every time, I say to myself, "How and when?" I wasn't able to find the answers to my inquiries until I came across Craig W. Stanfill's book titled Terms of Service. He did a nice job explaining the nature of the civilized world. Pick up this book if you want to learn too.

Kim is the chief protagonist; she lives and works at the headquarters of the AI company as a trainer of automata for five years but never had the freedom to live a private life or think privately. She had a neural implant that could monitor, spy on, and even control her thoughts and other daily activities. Kim was promoted to the creation order next to the director due to her successful ambitions. Kim, however, was never able to enjoy herself and was compelled to give up everything she had worked so hard for in exchange for her freedom. 

The simplicity of the book and the straightforward English it uses are some of its positive aspects. The story is engaging and thoughtful for the reader. The plot setting of the book is fantastic, full of suspense and wanting to know the next line of action. The terms used were simple and familiar enough for laymen to understand the author's mind, making the book comprehensible to all readers. The themes of the book include the future euphoric world, the perfect Utopic world, and the importance of the free world.

The book takes the reader through the near-future fate of humanity and how to actualize it by separating children from their mothers. I discovered that because it depends on people for its survival, artificial intelligence cannot completely replace humans. I also learned that the power of thinking is only for human beings, whereas AI is automatic. No wonder Kim sacrifices all her achievements just for freedom of thought.

There is only one profane word that is repeatedly used in this book, which is the only negative aspect of the book. However, I did not dislike the book in any way. The book doesn't contain any typos or grammatical errors; therefore, it is exceptionally well-edited. Due to the fact that I rarely find errors and don't dislike the book, I give the work a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to people wanting to know more about the outcome of the future and to people who love science-based literature, as it gives insight into the world we anticipate. I also recommend the book to those studying computer science and to companies that specialize in AI creation, as the book contains a lot of contributions that will help them perfect their work.

Terms of Service
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Godwin33
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-godwin33.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Godwin33 »

Wow, that is a wonderful review. I learned that freedom is so much important to human beings and as such nothing can replace it in their life. Thanks kudos.
Will+12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-will-12.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Will+12 »

Terms of Service is an interesting book i too have read and i realized that artificial intelligence will be in charge of every human affairs. Thanks for the review
Tochukwu Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tochukwu-prosper.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Tochukwu Prosper »

From your review so far i think the book merited the star rating. It is an awesome review. I will add it to my bookshelf ASAP. Kudos.
Prosper+24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prosper-24.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Prosper+24 »

Interesting to hear, this is a long awaited expectation and i believe soon the height of civilization will hit us. Thank for your outstanding review.
Stephen+22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-22.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Stephen+22 »

I love your review, it carries captures all the aspects of the book. I learned that this future civilization is a utopian and perfect world. Thanks you have done great job.
Tochukwu Stephen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tochukwu-stephen.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Tochukwu Stephen »

Great review! Terms of service in talking about future world prediction when AI might have taking the place of man, and the fate of man by then.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”