Review of Surviving the Business of Healthcare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Review of Surviving the Business of Healthcare

Post by Moo Reny »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Are you in the healthcare sector and want to learn how to thrive in the healthcare business? Then Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power by Barbara Galutia Regis, M.S., PA-C, is the right book for you. It has 29 chapters, and my book version has 105 pages.

The author combines scenarios and her recommendations as a physician assistant and a cancer patient. The author comes from a family of physicians; her father is the third generation of physicians in the town she grew up in, Coopersburg, Pennsylvania, and her father was one of the two town doctors. Growing up seeing her father care for thousands of patients, she knew she would be in the family healthcare business and became a physician assistant. Why did she become a physician assistant instead of a physician herself? Do you want to know the difference between a physician assistant and a physician? Read this book to find out.

First of all, I like how honest and vulnerable the author was about her diagnosis of amelanotic nodular melanoma. It takes great courage to come out as a physician and say she didn't take the lesion on her arm very seriously despite referring to a similar case herself. Her courage is inspiring, despite being a stage 3 cancer patient; she shares about her journey and appreciates the melanoma team that took care of her. She's a strong woman, and her story will inspire many patients who were healthcare workers not to beat themselves up too much and to have the courage to fight.

The pictures are one of the best parts of this book. I like that each image has a caption that tells the story separately. Though I first wondered why the photos were not included within the chapters, going through them after the reading was pleasant; it felt like the perfect interpretation of the bookwithin the chapters, going through them after the reading was pleasant; it felt like the perfect interpretation of the book. This book covers many topics, like health insurance, medications, and protecting the elderly from elder abuse.

There's absolutely nothing I dislike about this book, though I feel like the author started with the flashback into her childhood; at some point, she stopped including the flashbacks; this is just something I observed about the book, and because the book is professionally edited and has some errors, therefore, I rate it four out of five stars.

I recommend it to healthcare providers; it will be a helpful book for them. Readers interested in the financial aspect of healthcare, those in healthcare and healthcare teams, and health students can also learn from this book.

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

This was a great book. The author uses her experience as a physician and cancer patient as well go educate the readers. Thanks for this great review.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

Your review has provided me with valuable information and insight about the book. I appreciate the way you have presented your thoughts and opinions on the book in a clear and concise manner, allowing me to form my own opinion about whether or not to read it. Your review has helped me to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the book, and has given me a better idea of what to expect. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, and for helping me make an informed decision about what to read next.
Selmuq Voruma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-selmuq-voruma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Selmuq Voruma »

Unlike other books that the authors write hypothetically, this book stands out because the author used her personal experience to give valuable suggestions to people. I enjoyed reading your review.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I love how straightforward this author is to call out the bad doings of some pharmaceutical companies. This book was written in the favour of patients.
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

Information to better your healthcare has been carefully written by the author in this book. Get a copy and find your spot.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I am not into the healthcare business but I believe the points addressed in this book would be beneficial to me. Well done.
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

As an health care person this book will be a useful guide for me, it will help me and give me many information on health care and health insurance and basically all I need to know about the health care business. A must read for me.
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

To be honest, the health care sector needs more book like this.
The authors vulnerability is something I really like and connect with, this is nice.
Great and informative book

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”