Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Micheal Ukewuihe
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micheal-ukewuihe.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Micheal Ukewuihe »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Technology is a part of life that never stops advancing, and its advancement is part of evolution. Not everyone believes that these advances are for a better future. Every advancement seems to come with new disadvantages. Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer is a fictional story exploring the drawbacks of technological advancement in cyberwar and investigating how the media releases fake news. These different categories illustrate the use of technology in terrorism.

The protagonists, Cynthia Patterson and Glenn Patterson are working on a mission that requires them to explore how terrorists pass on their message and create communities through online platforms and social media. They investigate specific pages and online communities to decode and comprehend their hidden codes. They get help from two tech experts to assist with their mission. The book has a romance, crime, and detective plot. Read along for the surprising adventure the book entails.

I enjoyed the start of this book because it went straight to the point and had an excellent buildup in explaining the organizations and their involvements. Character development is also to be commended because each character has a backstory, and their backstories connect in new ways. The creativity of the R-rated section was amusing and allowed readers that don't enjoy sexual content to enjoy it. The ability to mix genres and still tell a compelling story without deviating from the plotline takes skill and recognition. This book was an excellent experience and source of research because the author was descriptive about many procedures and protocols that sounded realistic and insightful. The last and most important thing I look for in all books is the ability to feel multiple emotions as I read them, and this book delivered that aspect. I went through an emotional rollercoaster as I got attached to the character, and the book kept me in suspense.

There was nothing to dislike in this book. It was insightful and had the right amount of suspense. This book maintained its original storyline despite the multiple genres.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. It is exceptionally well-edited. The author used an excellent font style. The story was captivating despite having different genres. These reasons make this book deserving of such a rating.

I recommend this book to readers interested in detective and crime investigation stories. I recommend it to readers interested in romance stories mixed with other genres like technological advancements and terrorism.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

Cynthia and Dan Cyber War explores terrorism, politics, Cyber war and romance. I liked the mystery around Sky Eastman, but Cynthia was a very unlikable character. She was way too nonchalant about important things, and that was a total turnoff.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer is a book with a story that Interests me about terrorism and romance. The end of the story did not interest me because I don't like Cynthia's choice of a life partner.
Medina Fedrick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medina-fedrick.html
Latest Review: Across the Kentucky Color Line by Lee Durham Stone

Post by Medina Fedrick »

I love the fact that she worked with her brother Glenn Patterson to resolve the issue with terrorism.
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

I like how this book has back stories for the characters, this is nice indeed and seeing it's about cyber war which is not a common thing to wrote about. Well done
Friederic Schröder
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-friederic-schr-der.html
Latest Review: Tangled Branches by William Bailey

Post by Friederic Schröder »

Cynthia and Dan is an exciting science fiction novel, I have read tons of reviews about this novel and I am yet to grab a copy of this novel to experience Cynthia's journey myself.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

Cynthia and Dan is an interesting novel that has to do with crime and investigations, with Cynthia and Dan as the main characters in this novel. Nice review!
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

Cynthia and Dan is an intriguing story about Cynthia being in a love triangle. The book portrays different themes such as: live, terrorism, jealousy and technology. Thanks for the great review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I have read this book and I like how the cyber war story was told. I love how the story ended I didn't imagine that Sky Eastman was a legit man. Welldone .

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”