Review of Nightlord: Sunset

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Review of Nightlord: Sunset

Post by Kelly Peter »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Eric has a lot of questions because everything around him seems to have happened too quickly. Eric, a teacher who recently broke up with his fiancée Terri, only remembered being in a bar on Friday night with his pals when he woke up in a strange residence. The lady Eric saw when he woke up is called Sasha, and she told him that she brought him home after discovering him drunk in the bar the night before. Sasha believes that Eric is her long-dead husband. Because he was unable to comprehend what Sasha was saying about him in her role as her husband, everything she told Eric appeared perplexing and unusual to him. Sasha also gave Eric an explanation of why his body is changing. Will Eric be able to adjust to his new existence as a vampire? What responsibilities come with Eric's new life? For more information, pick up a copy of Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited.

The action scenes in this book were entertaining, and I appreciated how effectively Garon Whited described them in great detail; I could visualize the scenes as I read. The plot of this book is engaging, and the opening chapter caught my attention. In this book, the themes of magic, action, and adventure are covered. It is amazing how many different things Eric can do with the tendrils. Eric's respect for women is wonderful. It's fascinating how he approaches and interacts with women.

The characters in this book are nicely developed, and Garon Whited's imaginative abilities are adorable. I appreciate the time and effort Garon Whited put into writing this book. I adore how Eric is portrayed as a character in this book by Garon Whited. We all have preconceived notions about vampires, and even in the movies I watch, I have seen how they behave, but in this book, the author uniquely portrayed Eric.

The book was entertaining to read. But, because some of the narratives in this book were too lengthy, I started to become bored reading it at some point and almost stopped. If some of the storylines had been shorter, I might have loved it more. Although I loved reading this book despite that, I do not believe this reason warrants taking away a star from it. I give this book a rating of five out of five stars. It was exceptionally well edited, with no grammatical mistakes.

Due to its foul language and brutality, I will recommend this book to mature readers. Due to the subjects discussed in this book, I will also recommend it to readers who enjoy magic, action, and adventure fiction.

Nightlord: Sunset
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

Eric woke up to the realization of being a vampire, although he didn't plan to be, will he adjust to his new way of life and what impact would it have on him? This is an interesting review.
Ogidor Chinasa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogidor-chinasa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ogidor Chinasa »

This is an interesting review. From all books I've read so far, this is the first time I'm reading a vampire storybook. How will Sasha live with a vampire husband? I can't wait to find out more about the story.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This is an impressive review. I love the new views of vampire in this story. The author made them in such a way that they won’t be scary. Well done!
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Catalina Isabel »

Wow, at the beginning of your review, I had no idea this was about vampires, so that part shocked me after Eric woke up with Sasha! Great to hear that Eric is a likeable character and treats women nicely too. Thanks for a great review!
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I imagined myself in Eric's shoes and I don't know how I would react if I woke up one morning and realize that all I thought knew about myself is false. The only thing I dislike about the book is the length. Wonderful review well done.
Sarah Kate Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-kate-smith.html
Latest Review: Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S.Lee

Post by Sarah Kate Smith »

I love vampire stories and diaries, and this seems like a good book to read. I would love to know the challenges Eric faced as a vampire and if he subjected himself to sucking human blood or not.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”