Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kizito Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kizito-shelby.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Kizito Shelby »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Tactical warfare teaches us that there are various weak points that could be used to unleash an attack on an enemy, and the enemies of the United States in this book have looked to use a new approach to attacking the United States rather than the traditional approach.

Kelly just got married to the love of her life, the handsome Carson City Police Department (CCPD) cop, Sgt. Tom Turbulo, and they went on a honeymoon at Barefoot Sands Resort and Spa, Shoreline Road, Honduras. Kelly gets into an unprecedented situation one day; how does she get out of it? Read the book to learn more.

E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer is a fictional novel with sixteen chapters. I think this book is one of my favorites because I was so happy while reading it. It had a certain feel to it that made it almost seem like I was watching my favorite movie series. The storyline was absolutely sensational. The flow was the most important thing that excited me. I kept reading each page with anticipation, wanting to know what the next page had in store for me. Kelly came across a gift shop called La Pocilga—The Pigsty, which she entered for the innocent reason of wanting to get some gifts for her mother-in-law and her mother. Then she stumbled across a room with lots of humming computers, and she then recalled a class that she usually attended in college: homeland security. From there, she could deduce that whatever was going on was a plan to attack the United States' power grid. This was a scene that I really enjoyed in this book.

One of my favorite characters in this book was Dr. Peter Kinney. He was a really brilliant man who thought about the things that could make the United States vulnerable to attacks in the future and that he thought the government should take an interest in. He was a tenured professor of nuclear physics at the State University of Utah. Not only that, but he holds a doctorate from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a law degree from Harvard.

I'm not one too familiar with science, so I was lost when Dr. Kinney began talking about those astronomical terms and instances, and I disliked the fact that I couldn't follow up well, and I rate this book four out of five stars because of the dislike I mentioned. I did not find any errors, which means it was exceptionally well-edited. Furthermore, I recommend this book to readers who love crime, thrillers, and adventure stories.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rose Lineani
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-lineani.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Rose Lineani »

It does look like Kelly is tech Savvy. I hope that they find those troubling them and give them what they deserve. Thank you for this insightful review of EMP Honeymoon. I can assure you that this review has piqued my interest.
Jê hii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mnnn-g.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Jê hii »

I just read one of Dorothy May Mercer's books. I discovered that she has flair for writing good romance novels. Amazing book review 👏👏
Harshi Shriwas
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Harshi Shriwas »

I love this book

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”