Review of Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kizito Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kizito-shelby.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute

Post by Kizito Shelby »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Many people think that since fear is in the world, we have to always partake in it. They think being afraid is a part of life and is not something we should fight against because it's what makes us human. Well, this book teaches us that they are mistaken to think that way. 

Often, we fail to recognize the power and saving grace of God in our lives and instead choose to let little things derail us from our set goals. This book consists of two parts that can guide us along the journey of overcoming our fears and executing our plans.

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer is a nonfiction book that consists of two parts with thirty lessons each and a “Try This” section. This was a superb book, and I appreciate the author for writing such a piece to help those struggling with difficult situations scale through, as this book is like a guide to achieving that. One of the things I liked about this book was the fact that the author had set up various examples and stories to match up his points and help pass across the message in the most calm manner. I understand that many of us have such issues because we haven't made a friend in God; hence, we tend to give up on ourselves because we have no one to fall to. Everything we need to succeed in life is placed in God, and all we have to do is make time for him to teach us as a friend would. We often think that we don't have time because we're busy with one thing or another. We forget that our Creator is always waiting for us to reach out to him so that he can help us with our problems and guide us to achieving our set goals. Another thing I liked about this book was the spiritual practice taught, the 3 M's: marinate, memorize, and meditate. It was really helpful.

Yes, this book is suited for Christian readers, but I disliked the excessive use of biblical terms. I think the front cover page is misleading, and a reader would not be aware that it is a book with religious bias.

I rate this book four out of five stars because of my dislikes of the book as stated. Furthermore, I did not find any errors, which means it was exceptionally well-edited. Likewise, I recommend this book to Christian readers who would like to improve themselves and break the shackles of fear.

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Active Chris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-active-chris.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Active Chris »

Have you ever belittled your dram think that the higher it is, the more difficult it is to achieve? This book encourages readers to eliminate fear which hinders one from executing one's dream effectively.
Prisca olu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisca-olu.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Prisca olu »

I don't exactly agree with the review point in saying the book was Biblical bias but I get the point he is trying to make. A book that teaches you to make God your friend as he will always be with you. A good review.
Rose Lineani
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-lineani.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Rose Lineani »

The author provides valuable advice on how to handle various emotional issues and heal effectively. His two-part structure of 30 lessons each is an effective way to help readers identify and achieve their life's purpose and objectives. Nice review
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Reader_noc »

I love that the book contains practical guides such as 'try this' to overcoming fear, dreaming big and achieving our dreams.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

The book has a powerful title that speakers volumes. I am looking forward to getting the full package by reading the whole book. Thanks for an amazing review.
Francis Ignacio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimaobi-ignatius-egenti.html
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker

Post by Francis Ignacio »

When I read this book, it dared me to be better and do something better for myself. It made me understand that my dreams are valid and can become a reality if I put in the effort to make it so.
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker
Omobolanle Shittu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-shittu.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Omobolanle Shittu »

Fear can be a big hinderance to dreams. Overcoming fear along with having dreams with the willpower to execute is important for everyone. I don't mind the biblical principles in the book. Well done for this review.
Jerry Spencer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-spencer.html
Latest Review: I Said, "I Am A Nun" by June A Ramsay

Post by Jerry Spencer »

As the name implies, this book teaches things that would motivate one to succeed. The main stuff is to rid fear off of one's body. Fear is a killer of dreams. Nice review.
Natasha Kim
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natasha-kim.html

Post by Natasha Kim »

This book teaches a lot and helps one grow in all areas of life. Spiritually, mentally and physically. Cast all your fears on God, he will take care of you. Great book. Thanks for your review.
Favour Ozone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-ozone.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Favour Ozone »

In my own opinion, I think fear or being afraid is in our nature. Without fear, people won't learn from their mistakes. Great review.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

Fear is constant in human nature but our ability to look for ways to overcome it makes us different. Beautiful review.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

Fear has stopped a lot of dreams from coming into fulfillment, but with books like this, a lot of people will find the courage to surge ahead.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

This is an inspiring story that will educate readers on how to fight to achieve their goals. The book explore strong themes such as: fear, goal, and dream. Great review.
Paul Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Paul Okoroafo »

Fear is a tool that makes an individual waver. Mastering the principles to defeating fear and planning towards success is a brave step and we have to put ourselves on that path. This book gives one a head start and I enjoyed reading this review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”