Review of The Bird Ride

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Review of The Bird Ride

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Bird Ride" by Wade W. Bergner.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Bird Ride, written by Wade W. Bergner and illustrated by Galia Labowitz, is a fictional children's book with 39 pages.

It starts with a beautiful introduction about pursuing what we feel is good and changing the world through it. Wade was playing on a Sunday morning with his toy cars, imagining going places with them, when suddenly, a blue bird landed near him. The bird was pecking at the ground for seeds. The bluebird looked directly into his eyes, and he started getting smaller. There was a connection between him and the bird, and Wade knew the bird wanted to share something with him. Acting on his feelings, he hopped on the bird, and the bird took him for a ride. What happened to Wade after he jumped on the bird? Where did the bird take him? Did he become normal again? Read this book to find the answers.

There are illustrations after every page that are colorful, accurate, and bright; they match the story and make it easier to visualize the story and understand the concept. This book's lessons are praiseworthy, deep, and vast; I had to check to ensure it was a children's book. Though children will understand the morals, adults will relate to them and appreciate their depth and gravity more than children. The way the author passed his message on unconditional love is notable, and the illustrations he used will indeed imprint on the reader's mind.

I don't have any dislikes about this book. From this book, children and adults alike can learn great lessons. The way the character Wade's father asked him to take a gratitude rock to school every day shows children the importance of being grateful for everything and wherever they go. I particularly loved that this had discussion questions and a note to parents and teachers at the end. Therefore, I rate this book five out of five stars; it's exceptionally well-edited, and I found no errors while reading it.

I recommend this book to parents looking for an excellent children's book with suitable lessons. I also recommend it to kids that get afraid quickly and to parents; the morals will allow parents and children to see the world better.

The Bird Ride
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

I wonder where the bird took Wade too and if he was able to turn back to normal. This seems like a great children's book with a lot of lessons. Great review.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

Your review provides valuable insights and perspective for potential readers. It's helpful to know what worked for you and what didn't, as well as your overall impression of the book. Reviews like these are essential for guiding readers towards books that align with their interests and preferences. Keep up the excellent work, and I look forward to reading more of your reviews in the future.
Selmuq Voruma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-selmuq-voruma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Selmuq Voruma »

I will like to call this book "Motivational Starter Pack for Children." it's a book that every parent should get for their wards. Children don't need to wait till they are of age before they can be motivated about their dreams.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I love books that has lessons to teach its readers. Children will definitely love this. It’s also short and easy to read.
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

Quite a fascinating thriller for children. Your review was very straightforward and filled with insights. Thanks for it.
Jê hii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mnnn-g.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Jê hii »

This book has a lot of information to pass across. Although a children's book, it's very educative.
Praiyz Pearlumie Olushegun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praiyz-pearlumie-olushegun.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Praiyz Pearlumie Olushegun »

I wonder how it feels to have a deep connection with a bird, it must have been wonderful, I love how the book the bird ride was well illustrated, wonderful review
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

Bird ride is a good book I can tell. The concept is very unusual and explicit and it has a lot of meaning, what would we see I we look through life from a bird's eye? Hmm, nice plot and a very good storyline. Thank you for this wonderful review.
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

It will be quite interesting to see the world through the eyes of a bird. I’ll love to read this book. Your review is well written. Well done!
Tiwo Dammy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiwo-dammy.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Tiwo Dammy »

I'm curious about how it feels to have a close relationship with a bird; it must have been fantastic. I adore how beautifully illustrated the book The Bird Ride is.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

It's clear that "Bird Ride" is a great book. The concept is distinct and thought-provoking, offering readers a glimpse into what life might look like from a bird's point of view. The storyline is well-crafted, with an engaging plot and a lot of depth. Thank you for sharing this fantastic review!
Susan John Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-john-peter.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Susan John Peter »

The mention of colorful, accurate, and bright illustrations that match the story effectively highlights the visual aspect of the book and its role in enhancing the reading experience. The reviewer's observation that the illustrations aid in visualizing the story and understanding the concept emphasizes their importance.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: Deceit by Vernon Baumrind

Post by Robert Andrew »

The way the story conveys the concept of unconditional love and the lasting impact of the illustrations adds to the book's appeal. It seems like a book that can inspire reflection and discussion among both young and mature readers.
Da_JumogM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-da-jumogm.html
Latest Review: Wired to Become by Dr. Britt Andreatta

Post by Da_JumogM »

What a fictional book. Wade was reduced to a small size and carried by a bird to some places to share some things with him. I hope there's an adventure in this book because it looks like there is. Great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”