Review of Timewise

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Review of Timewise

Post by Park Cherri »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Regina Russo and Ron Larsen are the two main characters in Robert Leet's science fiction book, Timewise. Orphaned, Ron has been moved to several foster homes until they were no longer able to care for him. As a result, he started playing chess for amusement and potential financial gain. Professor of physics Regina Russo spotted him there and became interested in him. She was hired as a teacher at his institution. She and Ron would chat during this time, while Regina amused him with her original physics hypothesis centered on time. One day, Regina shows up at Ron's door. Ron was working various daily jobs to get by. She came to make a suggestion that might help him. Regina has asked him to return to school, and she will sponsor him and even give him extra money when he achieves good grades. The inspiration Ron needs is right here. Was Regina able to demonstrate that "time produces awareness"? Continue reading to learn how meeting Regina affected Ron's life.

First off, I've never read a book that so thoroughly covers several physics-related theories as this one does. I was able to keep up in part because some subjects, like quantum physics, brought me back to high school, and I could relate to some of the ideas. Although this was a sophisticated study, it was fascinating to read about Regina and Ron's attempts to draw conclusions from the hypotheses. The author writes quite well. My first interest in the book came from its cover, and after reading it, I was not let down. Each character has its own tone, which I find appealing. Each person was characterized by the author as having a distinct personality.

Regina and Ron are still my favorite characters. I appear to be unable to decide between them. With love, patience, and understanding, the two converse with one another. Ron is a very intelligent and gifted individual. It is understandable why Regina was able to identify him from the crowd of players that day. His success was certain, since he was adamant about succeeding. He has a good social sense, which I find appealing. The woman, Regina, is kind-hearted. She was careful to keep Ron inspired until he reached the pinnacle of his accomplishments. Her machines and their work truly astounded me. I was awed by what science was capable of after reading this. I felt frightened for her and Ron when the FBI nearly flagged them down. Nonetheless, their wit and camaraderie turned out to be decisive.

I can't think of anything I don't enjoy about this book. It's a compelling story that I find interesting. When I read, I didn't notice any mistakes either. That means the editing is flawless. This receives a rating of 5 out of 5 stars for the above reason. The author did good work.

To readers who enjoy science fiction books, I'll suggest this. It's worth your time to read this. Moreover, it isn't a long or taxing process. I learned from this that if you work hard and smart, there is no height of accomplishment you cannot reach.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

Your review was insightful and well-written. It's always great to hear different perspectives on a book, and your review added valuable insights to the discussion. Your comments about the characters, plot, and writing style were particularly helpful in understanding the book's strengths and weaknesses. Overall, your review was a great contribution to the conversation about this book
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

This was a great book. I love the relationship between Regina and Ron. Regina made Ron better. Your review gave a great summary of the book. Thanks for that.
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

Regina is my favorite character, she is nice and kind-hearted. She invested in Ron's education, will like to learn if the impact she made was worthwhile.
Mozi Ken
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

Ron and Regina's relationship was peculiar. I was saddened by how Regina died. She had accomplished so much. I expected more from her. Good review.
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

I feel pity for Ron being an orphan and I'm glad through Regina's help he was able to live a worthwhile life, the character development of this book is good.
Friederic Schröder
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-friederic-schr-der.html
Latest Review: Tangled Branches by William Bailey

Post by Friederic Schröder »

The storyline of this novel is interesting and entertaining, Regina is an example of a destiny helper, she was keen to ensure that Ron's talent exceeds and doesn't go to waste. She was Ron's backbone, I also admire the character for his stewardship and commitment to learning. Great novel and review.
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Kelly Peter »

This book has a great plot that piqued my attention and I look forward to reading this book. Nice review.
Selmuq Voruma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-selmuq-voruma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Selmuq Voruma »

The fact that this book covers some aspects of Physics makes it a worthwhile read. I admire the friendship between Ron and Regina. It is exemplary. It shows how friends are supposed to be there for each other.
Favour Ozone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-ozone.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Favour Ozone »

This book reminds me of a movie I watched about time. Ron and Regina are interesting characters. I will like to read this book to know more on how they created their time machine.
Medina Fedrick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medina-fedrick.html
Latest Review: Across the Kentucky Color Line by Lee Durham Stone

Post by Medina Fedrick »

Regina and Ron both sound like amazing characters. I hope Ron goes back to school and becomes successful.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

This is an interesting science fiction story that portrays two strong characters. Regina and Ron. I love how Regina cared for Ron and helped him financially and academically. Thanks for the great review.
okotie esther
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okotie-esther.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by okotie esther »

Timewise is an interesting book. I just finished reading it too. I agree with you on this one. Your rating is justified. I did have a great time reading this book. Ron did have a rough start as an orphan. It couldn't have been easy for him I guess. Nice review.Timewise is an interesting book. I just finished reading it too. I agree with you on this one. Your rating is justified. I did have a great time reading this book. Ron did have a rough start as an orphan. It couldn't have been easy for him I guess. Nice review.
Mariam Ibraheem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariam-ibraheem.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Mariam Ibraheem »

The plot of this book is intriguing and enjoyable. Regina is a prime example of a destiny helper; she was determined to make sure Ron's skill didn't go to waste. She served as Ron's compass, and I respect the character for his stewardship and dedication to education. Excellent review and novel.
Adeleye Seun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeleye-seun.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Adeleye Seun »

Ron's life changed for the better as a result of Regina entering it, therefore her arrival was undoubtedly a blessing. I liked reading this since it was motivating. Good work.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”